Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think it is all guesswork until they get a decent scan but certainly doesn't look good.

This. Probably loads of swelling, but at the moment it's looking like it could be December before he's back playing - maybe mid-november back to training. Can't risk it with knee ligaments

Out for the rest of this year its looking like.

2 weeks to find an apt replacement. Now lets see what our board are really made of when the pressure is on. The players and manager are tested every week with pressure. Lets see what our board are made of. Lets see them step up to this plate.

All told, we needed another body before his injury, now we need two. Another striker and now a AM to play ahead of McCarthy and Barry.

Over to you Bill.

So if he's out for a number of months, obviously we'll need a replacement.

Do we loan an attacking midfielder and permanently sign a striker or vice versa?

Martinez also said it could be less than 6 weeks.

He's ad libbing this to ****

Just what i've seen quoted mate. I saw that quote about 45 minutes ago, so he maybe did an interview afterwards and clarified it. Basically, there's too much swelling to do a proper scan - which is normal. By tuesday they should know the full extent of it. If it's bad, we're looking at xmas. Best case scenario is probably end of September. I'd wager at it being somewhere in the middle so around November time.

I'm only speaking through experience of a knee-ligament injury a few years ago. Tweaked it in a game around September and it swelled up for around 4 days. Got the scan and i was back training about 4/5 weeks later - playing again after another two weeks. Fingers crossed Ross will be the same.

From the OS
Martinez said: “We had a scan but it was difficult to determine the extent of the injury. It is a problem with a medial ligament in his knee, but we don’t know how bad the injury is. “We know there is a partial tear of the ligament and that could mean anything from seven weeks to four or five months, so we need to be cautious.”

Martinez admits it is a huge blow to lose a player of Barkley’s quality who had impressed the Blues boss during pre-season.
“I think Ross Barkley is a phenomenal footballer and we are going to miss him – there are no two ways about it,” Martinez said. “He was so sharp in pre-season and I think he came back with a different approach and a different mindset.

“He was very unfortunate to get injured in such an innocuous challenge in training and now he is going to be out for a long, long time.“The squad should be big enough and be able to cope with losing a player, but it is a disappointing.
“Now we have to cope with that frustration and allow him to work on other aspects and make sure that when he comes back, he’s fit and ready for what is left in the season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.