Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows mate. It's bad enough as it is without the added insult to injury it was an OTT challenge by another Everton player.

Yeah suppose we'll never know mate, absolutely gutting it's happened we always have long term injuries I said early wouldn't be surprised if the lads career is affected later on ala torres, at 20 to have already sustained a bad leg break and knee ligament damage it's a question of how much more can his body take?

5 months you say, [Poor language removed] nightmare that. This was meant to be his year and he's out for half the season.

We need another attacking midfielder brought in that's for sure, but we won't buy one.

They dont know yet and reading that won't till Tuesday's scan

If its 6 weeks or 5 months
I'd have though if it had been a partial tear the swelling would have been less severe and that we'd know where we are by now. The fact they need to go and look at it again makes me a bit wary it's something like a rupture.

Lads, we won't know til midweek at least. Martinez is likely just covering himself - as he admits until the swelling is down then everyone is clueless. It could be 6 weeks, it could be until xmas.

Lads, we won't know til midweek at least. Martinez is likely just covering himself - as he admits until the swelling is down then everyone is clueless. It could be 6 weeks, it could be until xmas.
Yep,spot on,covering himself,which is what i think everyone is probably thinking,he could have said 1 year and sky would say hes out one year etc

I'd have though if it had been a partial tear the swelling would have been less severe and that we'd know where we are by now. The fact they need to go and look at it again makes me a bit wary it's something like a rupture.

Mine was a tear (albeit very small) but it was swollen for 3 days. I think 48 hours is the norm. but I agree it's worrying

Not really. You could have a partial tearing. Keyhole surgery and he'd be back in three months.

A rupture doesn't make sense since he walked out with a knee brace on.

Much more suggestive of grade 2.

Grade 3. You can't walk.

my view hasn't changed that it was reckless and disgraceful that one of our own has put in a tackle that could do that.

On a football pitch it's a red card so why was a red card tackle going in on the training pitch a day before a match?

Have you seen the tackle? If not (which I highly suspect) then pipe down, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah suppose we'll never know mate, absolutely gutting it's happened we always have long term injuries I said early wouldn't be surprised if the lads career is affected later on ala torres, at 20 to have already sustained a bad leg break and knee ligament damage it's a question of how much more can his body take?
I think Martinez comes across as a very anxious man over this. I do think it's a bad one.

Not really. You could have a partial tearing. Keyhole surgery and he'd be back in three months.

A rupture doesn't make sense since he walked out with a knee brace on.

Much more suggestive of grade 2.

Grade 3. You can't walk.
Fair enough. Hopefully you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.