Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we have no replacement for him and a board with a limited budget. Feel free to quote me if we finish 4th but with added europa games we will struggle this season to replicate last don't underestimate the loss he will be
You've literally just put our bid for the top 4 on one player. Not only that but that one player who will likely to miss around 15 prem games.

As good as Barkley is, we are not heavily reliant on him. Certainly not in the demands you're shouting about here. We do need to replace him, you're right about that.

my view hasn't changed that it was reckless and disgraceful that one of our own has put in a tackle that could do that.

On a football pitch it's a red card so why was red card tackles going in on the training pitch a day before a match?
He did say 'inocuous challenge' though mate.

I'm a bit happier with that thought than the possible scenario of some divvy steaming in with a challenge yesterday.

It's not looking good is it. I don't think we'll see him till January, probably look to have him back a couple of games before he derby. We definitely need to get Remy now.

I've always been one to give the board the benefit of the doubt but he's available at a reasonable price and our season basically depends on it now.

I was so looking forward to this season and we might still have a good Europa League and cups but can't see us pushing top 4 now.

Dear god, it's one player injured who, best case scenario, might miss five games.

We've got Besic, and to be fair that was the best I've seen Pienaar play in years.... in Barkley's position.

We've got a fortnight to get a player in and you can bet any agent worth their salt will be phoning Everton after that interview.

It's not an injury apocalypse and barring some sloppy defending we were far, far better than them.

Sort it out chaps for goodness sake

I'm a bit happier with that thought than the possible scenario of some divvy steaming in with a challenge yesterday.

Probably nothing more than a clash of knees. Does seem a bit weird to be doing a full-contact training session the day before the start of the season though? I thought it'd have just been a light session tbh, some ball work etc.

Just what i've seen quoted mate. I saw that quote about 45 minutes ago, so he maybe did an interview afterwards and clarified it. Basically, there's too much swelling to do a proper scan - which is normal. By tuesday they should know the full extent of it. If it's bad, we're looking at xmas. Best case scenario is probably end of September. I'd wager at it being somewhere in the middle so around November time.

I'm only speaking through experience of a knee-ligament injury a few years ago. Tweaked it in a game around September and it swelled up for around 4 days. Got the scan and i was back training about 4/5 weeks later - playing again after another two weeks. Fingers crossed Ross will be the same.

Grade 2 is 6-8 weeks

Grade 3 is surgery and 5 months

Would martinez come out though mate and say "it was daft that so and so has done this to ross" it wouldn't look good on Martinez and would effect the dressing room imo

Probably nothing more than a clash of knees. Does seem a bit weird to be doing a full-contact training session the day before the start of the season though? I thought it'd have just been a light session tbh, some ball work etc.
I suppose if your getting close enough to a player and they turn into you at speed and land awkwardly, that could explain it.

Martinez is saying partial tear. I dont know if that's best case scenario at this stage until they get a clear scan. Could be ruptured.

They dont know yet and reading that won't till Tuesday's scan

If its 6 weeks or 5 months

im-out-of-here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1686.gif

Football is a contact sport.

Would martinez come out though mate and say "it was daft that so and so has done this to ross" it wouldn't look good on Martinez and would effect the dressing room imo
Who knows mate. It's bad enough as it is without the added insult to injury it was an OTT challenge by another Everton player.

Status
Not open for further replies.