Everton 1-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handball on Dunne and the fellaini foul holding him around the neck in the penalty area. The first one might have been harsh but it was definately handball.

Refs havent wanted to give us pens since the day we signed AJ.
Before that they had it in for Dunc. Substitute Dunc for Fellaini.

Handball is handball. Penalty.

However, 2-2 would have flattered us in my humble opinion.

Poor performance, our defence just fell asleep at times, but I've seen us play worse this season.

Also think Given should have been sent off at the end.

truth is moyse wouldnt admit it because of his pride of everton, but the lads where completely fooked you could see it a mile off...peanuts had a fantastic game, baines looked tired..no wonder after the amazing performances of the past few days i dont begrudge him a day off.

If you want to try and compare today with a real bad match, try blackburn at the start of the season now that was horrific imo.

truth is moyse wouldnt admit it because of his pride of everton, but the lads where completely fooked you could see it a mile off...peanuts had a fantastic game, baines looked tired..no wonder after the amazing performances of the past few days i dont begrudge him a day off.

If you want to try and compare today with a real bad match, try blackburn at the start of the season now that was horrific imo.

I agree we were completely shattered today, I think we'll get a scrappy win next week though.

Worst performance for me was Blackburn away in the carling cup.

it all comes down to given saving from fellaini (who had an amazing game btw). if that goes in, city's arses go and we go on to win it.
little things change football matches.
osman was dead yesterday, gosling deserves to start at sunderand.
and now we've gotta put up with yobo the liabity with his hoof ball.

Given deserves a lot of credit. I think if Fellaini had scored, city would have **** themselves and we would have won it.

The Jagielka injury killed us off really.

Cant believe the responses in this thread.

Cal has been suspended for 10 days for the absolute vile he spouted. On his absolute last chance when he is back. At one point there was 173 guests reading the match thread - none of them will register or get involved after reading his crap.

Can't believe the criticism towards Moyes. Especially from Ghost kicking off over the 3 substitutions. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago we both said Moyes doesn't "go for it" enough. We said when your losing a game, he shouldn't be scared to make a few changes and I think that was a valid criticism at the time. Then he goes for it and you criticise again? He can't really win can he. He went for it - as we wanted - and just his luck, an injury happened a few minutes later.

If you want to find fault with Moyes here - its playing Osman.

My views.

Bad day at the office.

Pienaar and Fellaini done ok, the latter unlucky not to score and should of had a pen so decent enough contribution.

But aside from that, not good enough but given the last few games - if theres one we would have picked to lose, it would have been this one.

And all the doom-mongers regarding Jagielka and slamming Yobo - lets not forget his performance against Chelsea midweek, and oh... he's the Nigerian captain.

Lescott and Yobo is good enough. Would have been worse if someone like Cahill picked up an injury

Given deserves a lot of credit. I think if Fellaini had scored, city would have **** themselves and we would have won it.

The Jagielka injury killed us off really.
Agreed, started the 2nd half much brighter than the first. Given made a world class safe from Fellaini's shot , which would've got ourself on level terms. Great goalkeeper that Given.

The defining moment was the one were Jags broke down. Still believed we could get something from the game uptill that point.

Cant believe the responses in this thread.

Cal has been suspended for 10 days for the absolute vile he spouted. On his absolute last chance when he is back. At one point there was 173 guests reading the match thread - none of them will register or get involved after reading his crap.

Can't believe the criticism towards Moyes. Especially from Ghost kicking off over the 3 substitutions. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago we both said Moyes doesn't "go for it" enough. We said when your losing a game, he shouldn't be scared to make a few changes and I think that was a valid criticism at the time. Then he goes for it and you criticise again? He can't really win can he. He went for it - as we wanted - and just his luck, an injury happened a few minutes later.

If you want to find fault with Moyes here - its playing Osman.

My views.

Bad day at the office.

Pienaar and Fellaini done ok, the latter unlucky not to score and should of had a pen so decent enough contribution.

But aside from that, not good enough but given the last few games - if theres one we would have picked to lose, it would have been this one.

And all the doom-mongers regarding Jagielka and slamming Yobo - lets not forget his performance against Chelsea midweek, and oh... he's the Nigerian captain.

Lescott and Yobo is good enough. Would have been worse if someone like Cahill picked up an injury
I agree Cal was bang out of line, but, in his defence, he's got his Grandad seriously ill in hospital. Not saying it justifies the post and the guests obviously know nothing of mitigating cicumstances but at times like that we're all capable of losing it. He's a passionate lad at the best of times and came out the hospital for a couple of hours to get a break from a ****ty situation and saw the team he loves losing and our best performer of the season getting badly injured.
Again, no justification but at times like this maybe a bit of tolerance might help to see him through. Just an idea mate but totally respect your desicion whatever it is

He had his tolerance with PM's since he has been back.

He ruined the match thread - there were several complaints with his posts and I can see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.