Everton 1-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what you mean though James - but main priority is making these forums a good natured place to discuss Everton. Its what makes it stand out from the rest. If I browsed a forum (as 175 guests was doing browsing the match day thread), and established members were posting what Cal did - I would definitely be put off.

Cant believe the responses in this thread.

Can't believe the criticism towards Moyes. Especially from Ghost kicking off over the 3 substitutions. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago we both said Moyes doesn't "go for it" enough. We said when your losing a game, he shouldn't be scared to make a few changes and I think that was a valid criticism at the time. Then he goes for it and you criticise again? He can't really win can he. He went for it - as we wanted - and just his luck, an injury happened a few minutes later.

I know i discussed it with Ghost at the time but that was because i didn't think losing the match should of been blamed on Moyes and those substitutions and nothing else and it seemed to me thats what he was doing.

But i can certainly see his point about how foolish it is to make 3 subs with what, half an hour of the game to go?

2 subs would of been the best idea, and then if we still aren't back in the game make your final one with about 10 mins to go.

Still risky of course but Jags injuries shows just why it is such a risk making 3 subs in 1 go at such an early stage in the game.

Maybe on another day it would of paid off cause our luck wouldn't of been so damn bad but yesterday it didn't. It was high risk and it didn't pay off.

I cant see him doing it again in future!

Oh callywag, think before you type mate.

I have no problem with Moyes and his 3 subs, it was a gamble and it backfired, we where getting beat 2-0 at Home and didnt look like getting out of it, the team needed a kick up the arse. Well done Davey and unlucky, another day it works.

I know i discussed it with Ghost at the time but that was because i didn't think losing the match should of been blamed on Moyes and those substitutions and nothing else and it seemed to me thats what he was doing.

But i can certainly see his point about how foolish it is to make 3 subs with what, half an hour of the game to go?

2 subs would of been the best idea, and then if we still aren't back in the game make your final one with about 10 mins to go.

Still risky of course but Jags injuries shows just why it is such a risk making 3 subs in 1 go at such an early stage in the game.

Maybe on another day it would of paid off cause our luck wouldn't of been so damn bad but yesterday it didn't. It was high risk and it didn't pay off.

I cant see him doing it again in future!

I hope he does mate. When things aren't working, change it.

3 subs sends out a clear message.

On another day, it could have worked. I'd rather he went for it, than waited too long and went out with a whimper.

On another day, it could have worked. I'd rather he went for it, than waited too long and went out with a whimper.
Agree with you. Yesterday Moyes gambled and lost, on another day he might have pulled it off. To lose Jagielka a few minutes later due to such a bad injury, was something nobody could have envisaged. We were 2-0 down, had nothing to lose but everything to gain. Brave decision that backfired. Get on with it, **** happens.

Agree with you. Yesterday Moyes gambled and lost, on another day he might have pulled it off. To lose Jagielka a few minutes later due to such a bad injury, was something nobody could have envisaged. We were 2-0 down, had nothing to lose but everything to gain. Brave decision that backfired. Get on with it, **** happens.

But thats exactly why you don't make 3 subs with such a long amount of the game left. You keep one back just in case. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Guess this means we're back to 88th minute subs.

But thats exactly why you don't make 3 subs with such a long amount of the game left. You keep one back just in case. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Guess this means we're back to 88th minute subs.
Normally you don't make 3 subs with still 30 minutes to play, I do agree with that. Yesterday it weren't normal circumstances though. We were 2-0 down and it was very clear to see that things needed a change. What were the odds that Jags would break down a few minutes later? Also would it have made a difference to the result if we were able to bring on a substitute in place of the injured Jags?

Whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. Moyes gambled and clearly lost yesterday. As you say, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

My problem wasn't that he made 3 changes, we needed a change, but I thought he made absolutely the wrong changes.

We were struggling because we had 1 up front. Fellaini was struggling because he wasn't getting decent service. We needed to take that useless get Osman off for Vaughan, bring Cahill on for Castillo to have more of an attacking threat and get either Jacobsen or Gosling on at right back, because either of them could've probably given us better attacking options than Hibbert on the day.

See what you mean though James - but main priority is making these forums a good natured place to discuss Everton. Its what makes it stand out from the rest. If I browsed a forum (as 175 guests was doing browsing the match day thread), and established members were posting what Cal did - I would definitely be put off.
I would too. And am glad you keep this forum the way it is.

I would too. And am glad you keep this forum the way it is.

agreed. This is just about the only form where it's possible to have (and view) a sensible discussion about Everton and indeed most things, without every other word beginning with a C or a T or people resorting to personal attacks.
Of course not everyone agrees with everyone else but that's normal in life.
To say some of the things that were said were frankly, an embarrassment and should be better located on Bluekipper.
Many people have to put up with difficult personal circumstances but that does not give them leeway to spout such venom.
If you're feeling hard done to - go and punch a wall - in private but never, ever wish ill on anyone, even in jest, over a game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.