Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been Moyes's worst critic for years but would i accept him as boss whilst the new stadium is being built?...........just to keep us in the Prem until it opens up........touch and go for me but probably yes i would.

Problem with that is moyes isn't a bad manager...he will do alright and knowing us we would keep him here for a long time and I couldn't see him being sacked a year or two into the job.
The issue is we should for once be aiming higher and better than Moyes.. hope we are.

Where exactly do we stand with a manager coming into the last year of his contract? For example emery has got 12 months left on his contract, if we don't get permission from their chairman, can we still get him by paying up the remainder of his contract? Basically do we need the permission of their chairman to get emery?

First off, we need someone to come in for a few years and steady the ship, then when the stadium is further down the line and sponsors and all the rest of it is in place, call out the likes of Mourinho. Let everyone see how ambitious we are. We need to learn to walk before we can run. Pellegrini would be good short term, Moyes are you having a laugh.

Obviously I'd like it to be done in the next week or so, but there's no immediate rush. The way I see it, the longer it takes, the harder we're trying to persuade our best possible candidate to join.

Yeah I was hoping we would just blindly rush into making a decision and hire the wrong man.

Im gutted that we are taking our time and doing it properly.

They've only had 2 years to line up a replacement, and there is no guarantee that it's going to be done properly now.

Let's face it, we're losing Lukaku and probably Stones too. The man who we know is cut out for the rebuild job is Ronald Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.