Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you mean his game plan against Real Madrid mate from the other week, If so though, he basically did the exact same thing Ferguson tried to do when they came up against Barca, stifle the game and frustrate them and nick a goal, not the most exciting but a lot of very good managers have tried similar tactics, some others ofc go toe to toe with them and get absolutely hammered occasionally, see Pep for example of that
He effectively tried to do what Moyes used to do against good sides, with the same result. With all the money they've spent, you'd like to think they could have done a bit more.

Not saying he's tactically inept or anything, but he's not exactly inspiring in my opinion.

I assume you mean his game plan against Real Madrid mate from the other week, If so though, he basically did the exact same thing Ferguson tried to do when they came up against Barca, stifle the game and frustrate them and nick a goal, not the most exciting but a lot of very good managers have tried similar tactics, some others ofc go toe to toe with them and get absolutely hammered occasionally, see Pep for example of that

City got edged out by Madrid in a CL semi final yet we're complaining because of Pellegrini's tactics. This in comparison to Martinez who couldn't set us up to win a game at home towards the end. The perfect manager is not out there. All of the ones on the short list are better than Martinez, that's the important thing.

David Moyes' last 2 seasons = 119points
Ronald Koeman's 2 seasons with Soton = 123points

Not that much of a difference like. I can't understand why people are so excited for Koeman.

Didn't he have to rebuild his side twice when the Board sold off all the best players each summer? If so, it's a pretty impressive perfomance.

City got edged out by Madrid in a CL semi final yet we're complaining because of Pellegrini's tactics. This in comparison to Martinez who couldn't set us up to win a game at home towards the end. The perfect manager is not out there. All of the ones on the short list are better than Martinez, that's the important thing.

Agreed, and looking at a few results here or their in isolation is madness, seen plenty of Man United games with Fergie in charge that they got dry bummed in, Bilbao in the EL, Barca in the CL etc

1) lazy characterisation
2) watch psg games again and say this man isnt tactically aware
I'm not sure it's that lazy, bit good with the media and keep their calm, both have a style of play they stick to and rarely deviate, £ for £ I don't think Pellegrini signed that well for City, they were awful away from home in relative terms - meaning his style suited home games where as We were ever so slightly better away which again was a style/tactical issue.

After the season he's just had with that squad picking out individual games isn't really something that you want to do as I could pick out a lot more where it went wrong for him than it did right.

He ended the season waiting on that poor UTD team to not win their second to last game to secure 4th place, with that squad.

The one ray of light would be that Villereal pre and Post Pellegrini really struggled. But he did very well there.

Not that much of a difference like. I can't understand why people are so excited for Koeman.
not 100% but didn't Southampton only come up to premiership the year before moyes left us?

Because he's the Dutch Moyes and is therefore familiar and steady. People find comfort in the familiar. He's even ginger too ffs.

I'm not sure it's that lazy, bit good with the media and keep their calm, both have a style of play they stick to and rarely deviate, £ for £ I don't think Pellegrini signed that well for City, they were awful away from home in relative terms - meaning his style suited home games where as We were ever so slightly better away which again was a style/tactical issue.

After the season he's just had with that squad picking out individual games isn't really something that you want to do as I could pick out a lot more where it went wrong for him than it did right.

He ended the season waiting on that poor UTD team to not win their second to last game to secure 4th place, with that squad.

The one ray of light would be that Villereal pre and Post Pellegrini really struggled. But he did very well there.

Thing is mate, i 'think' you wanted Mourinho in didn't you?

In which case look at pretty much any Chelsea game last season when they where utterly terrible and on that basis you'd not go near hiring him

No I meant Barca, when he tried to go toe to toe with them and play 2 strikers, it was embarrassing and he was rightly criticised.

He effectively tried to do what Moyes used to do against good sides, with the same result. With all the money they've spent, you'd like to think they could have done a bit more.

Not saying he's tactically inept or anything, but he's not exactly inspiring in my opinion.

Didn't he beat Bayern when he had to to get out the group? Then got past PSG over two legs with good performances in both. Or are we not talking about them? Not talking about how he out thought Klopp in the league cup final (which they could have won by a mile if Sterling could finish). Also given no credit for finishing in the top 4 this season which Van Gaal Mourinho Hiddink and Klopp couldn't manage. It's not just City who have spent money.

Status
Not open for further replies.