Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK if I am reading this right, we are down to 3 with neither Pellegrini nor De Boer preferred, thus meaning we are in a corner and at the mercy of Koeman as far as the board go.

Obviously I am not ITK and I'm sure that all the people behind the scenes at EFC are working as hard as possible to give us long suffering fans something to cheer about but I can't help but be worried from what I've heard (or not) since Mr Moshiri became our major shareholder.

Perhaps it's through supporting Everton for over 30 years makes me think every time we think we are on the cusp of something special, we normally get a huge let down at the end but it. The fact that Martinez was allowed to stay on after the humiliation of the derby defeat and with a FA Cup semi still to play for is something I am still trying to get my head around, he had obviously lost the players and the fans so to keep him made no sense at all.

Now we get the vacant managers position and we are being linked with everyone, again nothing comes from the board? If we really want to become a top side again then we must start acting quicker in the big decision makings, look how other so called top sides currently replace their managers and more importantly the timescale of it.

Rodgers sacked 4th Oct - Klopp in 8th Oct
LVG sacked Monday - Jose probably in Wednesday
Pellegrini replaced with Pep during his reign!

We don't have time to fart ass around, we have top top players we need to try and get to commit to the club and also a lot of over the hill squad players that need to go. We have a massive rebuilding project ahead and I'm still hopeful that we can get where we rightfully should be. The time to act is now, by God all Evertonians deserve it.

I'll assume you're right.

giphy.gif
Could be wrong Ian , no source or itk in what I jus said just on the top of my head

Obviously I am not ITK and I'm sure that all the people behind the scenes at EFC are working as hard as possible to give us long suffering fans something to cheer about but I can't help but be worried from what I've heard (or not) since Mr Moshiri became our major shareholder.

Perhaps it's through supporting Everton for over 30 years makes me think every time we think we are on the cusp of something special, we normally get a huge let down at the end but it. The fact that Martinez was allowed to stay on after the humiliation of the derby defeat and with a FA Cup semi still to play for is something I am still trying to get my head around, he had obviously lost the players and the fans so to keep him made no sense at all.

Now we get the vacant managers position and we are being linked with everyone, again nothing comes from the board? If we really want to become a top side again then we must start acting quicker in the big decision makings, look how other so called top sides currently replace their managers and more importantly the timescale of it.

Rodgers sacked 4th Oct - Klopp in 8th Oct
LVG sacked Monday - Jose probably in Wednesday
Pellegrini replaced with Pep during his reign!

We don't have time to fart ass around, we have top top players we need to try and get to commit to the club and also a lot of over the hill squad players that need to go. We have a massive rebuilding project ahead and I'm still hopeful that we can get where we rightfully should be. The time to act is now, by God all Evertonians deserve it.

Jesus Christ almighty.

The man set out plans within his first week for Finch Farm. He took over and twice mentioned funding and trying to keep top players. There's many an ITK who say the fella is operating without needing to be in the media.

The world we live today where people need vindication from Sky Sports News and Twitter and Facebook and constant updates. That is not the way it works. Once we get close, we'll hear something.

Just look through this thread, a good ITK has said Days. Jesus Christ man.

That in the long run it will make slim to no difference who we appoint as manager. Although I can how that would have been lost in the rambling rant that was my post. I just see the same old thing year after year, decade after decade regardless of the team unless what happens is actually groundbreaking or financially dominant in nature. The whole thing is a cyclical farce and just keeps getting worse, the only difference is that it's got prettier packaging and better advertising.

What we actually need imho is a proper philosophy, which Martinez initiated, to bring talented loyal youth through and spend money filling the gaps. Obviously Martinez couldn't stay on as manager but his philosophy was right and he'd have made a excellent director of football. Not one of the managers we're being link with is a stand out candidate, why not appoint a coach rather than manager. At this level players should be able to manage themselves, all they really need is coaching. The way we're going now is the same as always, round in circles.
If we are appointing a director of football then we are appointing a coach instead of a manager.

Martinez however wouldn't have made a good director of football. If you take Lukaku out of the equation which he was lucky to get and like Deulofeu everyone knew his talents before then the rest of his signings were very average.

I doubt if we sold them all now excluding those two we would make a profit. Frankly I doubt we would even make a profit on any of them individually.

He had a dream and guiding philosophy how to play with no idea how to implement it at the highest level.

Jesus Christ almighty.

The man set out plans within his first week for Finch Farm. He took over and twice mentioned funding and trying to keep top players. There's many an ITK who say the fella is operating without needing to be in the media.

The world we live today where people need vindication from Sky Sports News and Twitter and Facebook and constant updates. That is not the way it works. Once we get close, we'll hear something.

Just look through this thread, a good ITK has said Days. Jesus Christ man.

Much rather Moshiri was quiet, he's clearly a man who is all about 'Actions speak louder than words'.

Ronald de Boer:

'He'd bring modern football, football from the back and over the ground. Technical Dutch football, pressing forward and high, and of course exciting,' added Ronald.

'I'll be over a lot (to see him if he moves over). I've got to do a lot of television work but I'd make sure my schedule allowed me to be in Liverpool…I'm only guessing now though.

'But I hope so, I hope I can tell you it's going to be like that.'

Just noticed 31 votes for Moyes, dearie me.
Has to be a wind up surely! He did well for us for a time. Had he left us when he announced he'd taken the job at Man Utd and just let Steve Round take over for the last few games I'd have had more respect for him. He hung around doing press conferences wearing our team colours and badge etc. Did my head in at the time and can't forget that.
Plus all the snide remarks about us stifling the careers of Baines & Fellaini whilst making sub standard offers for them. Pot & Kettle (Lescott saga refers). They say never go back and I'm definitely in that camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.