Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered, yeah good player and all that but so what, if it means we are in a stronger position to keep Lukaku then ill drive him to City myself.

He will be a miss, however, as defending is mostly done as an unit he can and wii be replaced, to be honest we have this all the time with young England player's from various clubs, very rarely ends well. I'd more concerned if it was our young Belgium or Spanish offensive players wanting out.

Wowzers. Nah Ash in on enforced ignore, @GrandOldTeam found a button that can make it happen and I can't take him off it.

Vapes like a G that boy.

I'll copy and paste it, the last sentence though.

How much are they overpaying/throwing money at the target? Who is the player? Wages high or low?

I agree fully mate, don't get me wrong. But if they are signing say bacca, that deal won't be sorted within a few days, longer period of talking will be involved.

Even on fifa it takes about a week game time to complete a deal!

not an issue with him wanting to go. The ego comment I made stems from him appearing to believe he is a lot better than he actually is,thats the impression I get when watching him.

There's literally no indication of that though, at all. It was imagined by a select bunch who couldn't get their collective heads round the fact that he wanted to go to the (then) champions last season, and people have bought into it.

His air of self confidence and basically not being bothered was what made him so good in the first place. People have conveniently short memories.

I'll copy and paste it, the last sentence though.

How much are they overpaying/throwing money at the target? Who is the player? Wages high or low?

I agree fully mate, don't get me wrong. But if they are signing say bacca, that deal won't be sorted within a few days, longer period of talking will be involved.

Even on fifa it takes about a week game time to complete a deal!
-silence-

As long as he plays week in week out and learns.

Sick of players with potential going to a money club and becoming bang average, often replaced by a cheaper better foreign import.

Oh and we get loads of money.

There's literally no indication of that though, at all. It was imagined by a select bunch who couldn't get their collective heads round the fact that he wanted to go to the (then) champions last season, and people have bought into it.

His air of self confidence and basically not being bothered was what made him so good in the first place. People have conveniently short memories.
Getting caught out trying to overplay from the back or dallying on the ball to me is a sure fire indicator that you are not as good as you think you are. I felt at times that he was trying to prove something near enough every time he got the ball last season.

I think we need to remember Koeman's main strength is being able to build effective defenses.

For the life of me, I cant see why John doesn't want at least a year under RK without the 'pressure' of Pep, (Jose too), £50m fee, the eyes of the world on him etc and then go when he has actually proven he is an able defender. The fact remains, defensively, he hasn't improved in nigh on 24 months.

Most other managers I could probably understand, but for me, Koeman is the ideal of where John as a professional should be aiming to aspire to and in my eyes the perfect mentor for where he is at the moment.

As I say, Koeman has got a great record at building defenses with players who are solid professionals and I think the move will benefit us as a club, as much as, if not more, than the lad himself.

I think we need to remember Koeman's main strength is being able to build effective defenses.

For the life of me, I cant see why John doesn't want at least a year under RK without the 'pressure' of Pep, (Jose too), £50m fee, the eyes of the world on him etc and then go when he has actually proven he is an able defender. The fact remains, defensively, he hasn't improved in nigh on 24 months.

Most other managers I could probably understand, but for me, Koeman is the ideal of where John as a professional should be aiming to aspire to and in my eyes the perfect mentor for where he is at the moment.

As I say, Koeman has got a great record at building defenses with players who are solid professionals and I think the move will benefit us as a club, as much as, if not more, than the lad himself.
Could be his agent mate ?

Bonnucci being touted at 50 million and just turned 29.

Stones early 20's,english premium and fee hike from new tv deal makes any fee over 50 million.

Stones is his own worst enemy. For his sake I'd rather him have another season here. He crumbled under pressure before and the pressure on him now will be tenfold

Status
Not open for further replies.