Everton Youth Teams Thread

I'm not so sure mate, unless it's the likes of Rooney/Owen. Some managers put more trust in youth than others. People like Pochettino and Brendan Rogers and, to a lesser degree, Martinez, are quite happy to throw them in. Even LVG at Man U last season. Koeman doesn't strike me as that type of manager.

What I would like to see is them being given an opportunity in the match day squad ahead of players like Gibson, Cleverley and Kone and maybe brought on once the game is secure.

the fact that koeman was after the nomark, crap right back from southampton as back up instead of giving the chance to holgate or kenny worried me.

Right people,dont forget

Liverpool u18s v Everton u18s is LIVE on LFC tv tomorrow morning,11am kick off,meaning its live on the net

PLUS Everton U23 v Man Utd U23 LIVE ON MUTV monday night meaning same thing [provided they dont change mind]

stones, barkley, browning, pennington as well as the ones he continually bought for the future like foulds, holgate etc.

browning and pennington? come on!
barkley was already a first team member too so that leaves stones and i meant what youngsters did he bring through our own youth set up.

Don't think this is the correct thread but I "think" we are after a Swedish striker called Alexander Isak. We aren't unique in that pretty much every club is monitoring him it is just Steve Walsh scouted him for Leicester and I heard we scouted him this week when he scored 2 goals on his 17th birthday for the AIK first team.

browning and pennington? come on!
barkley was already a first team member too so that leaves stones and i meant what youngsters did he bring through our own youth set up.

tbf i wasn't even talking about bringing players through. i was on about setting up a more long term viewpoint which included buying youngsters to go into younger age groups as well as setting up a system from youth level which would make the transition to first team more seamless.