Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Koeman, Martinez, Moyes

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fromage sur malaise

Votes: 26 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont follow this. Do you think that I'm saying 60 points is bad when I said it was ok before? Nope. I mean it's not good enough to get us to the next level.

What would be the name of that thread? "Who was our worst manager to break our PL points record?"? That'll be a short thread.
That's the way mate, deliberately obtuse as and when required.
Moyes had a team in lacking a centre forward.
Martinez ended up with a Centre Forward lacking a team...and passed it on to Koeman, who so far shows little idea of melding the two.

That's the way mate, deliberately obtuse as and when required.
Moyes had a team in lacking a centre forward.
Martinez ended up with a Centre Forward lacking a team...and passed it on to Koeman, who so far shows little idea of melding the two.
He gets paid £6M per season to put things right. Let's see him earn it.

He's been here 6 months. I see no improvement. I tell it like it is.

Lets test this improvement theory :

Spurs 2016 1-1 2015 1-1 Draw
WBA 2-1 2-3 RK
Stoke 3-0 3-4 RK
Sunderland 3-0 0-3 RK
Boro N/A
Bournemouth 0-1 3-3 EF
Palace 1-1 1-1 Draw
City 1-1 0-0 Draw
Burnley N/A
West Ham 2-0 2-3 RK
Chelsea 0-5 3-3 EF
Swansea 1-1 1-2 RK
Southampton 0-1 EL

So after 13 games the scores are as follows :

Drawed result 3
N/A 2
El Fraudo 3
Ronny K 5

So we have improved by 150% based on last season.

Moyes was defensive and had his limitations, but you have to give him his due. He turned us into a consistent top 6 outfit on a shoestring. We were a right back and a suspended Arteta away from potentially winning the FA cup with him, and although his football wasn't the most attractive, we always put up a fight and us fans could watch with pride.
All the pride was wiped away in the last two seasons with Martinez, his ideals just weren't suited to British football as we are well aware.
Koeman needs time, but early signs are worrying. We don't appear to have a style, and two of his first four signings have been underwhelming. If he's gonna play a defensive game, he needs to make sure his team has the personnel in place to actually defend.

As annoyed and let down as everyone is I don't think we have had enough time to come to a definitive judgment on Koeman. Ask me at the end of the season.
Christmas next season for me, needs a proper summer transfer window where he knows the team's ability before he goes into it imo. Then a few months to show if he's bought well

Based on the best period of their time here, Martinez then Moyes.

Thus far Koeman doesn't rate at all.

More good times under Moyes IMO... finished 4th and we actually had a 2-3 good seasons in a row that we played really good football and played well In The Europa.... had baines and peanuts to watch every week and the team always looked like they were working for eachother and we had a great team spirit and you could see that. I honestly think that if he had money to buy a decent striker he could have taken us into the cl proper.

Christmas next season for me, needs a proper summer transfer window where he knows the team's ability before he goes into it imo. Then a few months to show if he's bought well

This club, eh?

I reckon Samuel Beckett must have been an Evertonian.

And EFC was his inspiration when he wrote Waiting for Godot :pint2:

This club, eh?

I reckon Samuel Beckett must have been an Evertonian.

And EFC was his inspiration when he wrote Waiting for Godot :pint2:

Better that than be another Newcastle mate. Let's see how he pans out over a decent period. We gave Martinez the benefit. (No pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.