New Everton Stadium Discussion

Going off what people said about building a bespoke ground at SB Cross. Would it be possible to redevelop GP into an athletics centre and have BMD as our main football ground?

That way, we still get an absolutely boss stadium LCC will part fund, on the condition that GP could be used for events to not comprimise the build of pur new stadium?

I stand to be corrected but I have seen nothing from Dan meis that suggests he is working on a dual use stadium.

The city of liverpool is bidding for the cwg, we have not been granted it. Big Joe tells us we are ahead of Birmingham in the race to get the cwg, but the political leaders in Brum are telling their citizens, they are in the lead. Even if we become the uks preferred bid we still have to compete against all the other countries.

Would efc really design a stadium, create planning application etc etc for dual footy and athletics, plus the costs for something that may not even happen.

That's without touching on the politics of lcc spending money on the cwg, when they haven't got a bean and are having to slash services.

It's gonna be a footy stadium. Relax people

Going off what people said about building a bespoke ground at SB Cross. Would it be possible to redevelop GP into an athletics centre and have BMD as our main football ground?

That way, we still get an absolutely boss stadium LCC will part fund, on the condition that GP could be used for events to not comprimise the build of pur new stadium?

Clever thinking, I hadn't thought of that. Certainly by demolishing a stand or 2, I would think it was possible. Even, put up temporary seating for the duration and then take it down again. I would love us to move to BM and GP NOT be demolished. Let's be the first to do this.

I doubt very much that there's room to fit a running track around Goodison, even if you knocked 3 stands.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't if you knocked down the Goodison Road and the Park End. In fact, I'd be amazed if you couldn't. Not saying it's on the cards or anything. Anybody care to knock up a photoshop just to demonstrate one way or the other?

I doubt very much that there's room to fit a running track around Goodison, even if you knocked 3 stands.

Just came across this old picture, could it not be reverted back to this? In regards to the main stand and the removal of the family enclosure so a running track would fit?

Attachments

• IMG_5999.JPG
    IMG_5999.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 315

We're not getting a running track. Ffs.
Didn't say we were. Read earlier posts where somebody speculated about Goodison being converted for athletics for any possible bid for the CG rather than it being demolished. Just people thinking out loud, so to speak. Keep your hair on.

Will be designed as a football stadium.

It is possible to build a raised deck above the pitch level, to hold a running track a which will be above some of the rows of seats like they did with Hampden for the Glasgow games. This only works if the ends are curved though.

The deck could then be removed after the games