Homepage Update: The Rise of Moshiri’s Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head hunting off clubs like that isn't that impressive, tbf.

If we'd just taken Man Utd's manager and the best players at Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Juventus then that would be 'unimaginable'.

Only the eighth post. Dave, you're slowing down in your old age.

Whichever way you look at it it's still pretty gutting we will have lost stones, Barkley and lukaku in the space of 12 months under the koeman/mosh reign. That was a spine of a team that could have developed together and gone on to be absolutely boss for us. Still we have to move on and we are, since mosh has come in we've brought a manager in who knows what he wants, won't defend players who don't perform. He's attracted both some top young talent and some proven quality. I think most would say we didn't miss stones one bit last season and now we have added Keane. A young, developing centre back who's first priority is to do the defending part of being a defender.

The stadium is moving forwards as is the commercial and business side of efc. We still have business to do this window on the pitch. A striker and a creative player are absolute musts if we are to replace lukaku and Barkley. At the end of the day even with stones, lukaku and Barkley in the team what did we achieve? A semi final at Wembley. Not good enough. Times needed to change for us.

I always read @catcherintherye stuff. It's well thought out and detailed.

I just think he's being a bit Pollyanna here....and, to be fair, the caveats he places in the text belies the overall upbeat tone.

But given your outlook, anyone saying anything even neutral about Moshiri would be "a bit Pollyanna." You want this man to simply pay for everything himself and buy top players from everywhere, regardless of whether said players would even consider coming to Everton even if their clubs were willing to contemplate the idea. The real football world, as several on here have repeatedly tried to show you, really doesn't work that way (City and Chelsea being obvious exceptions to the rule, but exceptions that nonetheless have their own issues attached, especially at Stamford Bridge).

But given your outlook, anyone saying anything even neutral about Moshiri would be "a bit Pollyanna." You want this man to simply pay for everything himself and buy top players from everywhere, regardless of whether said players would even consider coming to Everton even if their clubs were willing to contemplate the idea. The real football world, as several on here have repeatedly tried to show you, really doesn't work that way (City and Chelsea being obvious exceptions to the rule, but exceptions that nonetheless have their own issues attached, especially at Stamford Bridge).
I'd like a big net spend plus a spade in the ground on a stadium.

^^^ Stuff we castigated Kenwright for failing to give us.

Why should we spare the horses for Moshiri?

This all seems a bit premature.

I'm a lot happier than I was when Kenwright was solely the one calling the shots, but we need to prove we mean business.

City have spent over £200m and are not finished, Chelsea the same. That is what we're up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.