Which goal was better

Which goal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The technique to hit it first time close to the floor from Rooney was better, but at the end of the day all he had to do was lift it over 2 players into an empty net. Had there been a goalkeeper there no goal. Whereas there could have been two keepers for split and it still might have gone in.

Gone for rooneys.

Just think fewer footballers would be able to score that than gylfis.

Charlie Adam, coutinho and pogba could've score siggys but only truly great players like Suarez, scholars or preki could've scored Wayne's.

Less margin for error with last nights goal, siggys could've been hit harder but lower, softer but higher, harder and higher with more top spin etc

Last nights goal pretty much had to hit at that exact speed and that exact trajectory, there was no goalie but there was a defender on the 22 yard line.

Edit - I think it's a lot closer than this post suggests!

Because of Sigurdsson's slip, there will always be that doubt about intention versus fluke. Rooney saw the opportunity and obviously knew what he wanted to do and executed it to perfection.
Both fantastic goals, but I would take any type of goal for us now.

Gone for rooneys.

Just think fewer footballers would be able to score that than gylfis.

Charlie Adam, coutinho and pogba could've score siggys but only truly great players like Suarez, scholars or preki could've scored Wayne's.

Less margin for error with last nights goal, siggys could've been hit harder but lower, softer but higher, harder and higher with more top spin etc

Last nights goal pretty much had to hit at that exact speed and that exact trajectory, there was no goalie but there was a defender on the 22 yard line.

Edit - I think it's a lot closer than this post suggests!

And our Ron....;)

Both relied on great vision. Rooney's was technically more difficult to execute.
Wayne for me.
Having said that, the best goal is the next one Everton score, doesn't matter if it's scuffed in from 3 ft out.

Rooney's was pure technique and class. Sigurdsson's was more of a wild hit that came off wonders.

So gotta go for Rooney.

Gylfi's just, both fantastic goals that, unless an even more spectacular goal is scored between now and May, will be one and two in the club goal of the season award

Status
Not open for further replies.