Which goal was better

Which goal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney for me, seems more deliberate and technically brilliant, sigurdssons although it was deliberate and he meant it, it seemed a bit more hit and hope and lucky than rooneys. Though a tough choice.

Personally, I feel Sigurdssons was opportunistic whereas Rooneys was calculated. Both good for different reasons but for me, I've picked Rooneys because he didn't blaze away, didn't kick the guts out of it, but saw where Hart was & knew, in a split second, that a flat kick was needed.

Siggy's is technically harder, it was on the volley and had to approach the goal from a higher trajectory, meaning there was less room for error.

Rooney's was a great shot but there was more margin for error as the ball was on a lower trajectory.

People that think Rooney's was better don't really get football or math.

Both great goals, but anyone who's ever played football, from 5aside with your mates to World Cup winner, would tell you Rooney's was the harder goal to score, but Sigurdssons looked more spectacular.

I mean, Rooney was Main Stand side of the centre circle, and had to hit across it, with the laces, with the ball bouncing towards him at pace. Every other player in the league, even people like Adam who have scored from that distance before, even if they had the audacity to shoot from there, would have at least took a touch 1st, or repositioned themselves to side foot it and loft it.

So yeah, Sigurdsson's was a great goal, but for me, Rooney's was better.

And it was for a hattrick. That has to count for something right?

Either way, to score 2 goals like that in 1 season is pretty mental.

Siggy's is technically harder, it was on the volley and had to approach the goal from a higher trajectory, meaning there was less room for error.

Rooney's was a great shot but there was more margin for error as the ball was on a lower trajectory.

People that think Rooney's was better don't really get football or math.

I don't think you do to be honest.

Rooney for me.

Home, In a all or nothing match, in PL, a hattrick, the goal instinct.

Checkmate Hart.

Siggys goal was beautiful too.

Tough one. Rooney had to hit it hard enough to beat Hart running back, high enough to get over two defenders but low enough to keep it under the crossbar. Sigi hit it on the volley from a wide angle and had to beat the keeper.

I'll give it Wayne purely because it was further out and I loved the "SHOOOOT" from the crowd as it came to him.

Rooneys just for technique, but I haven't watched it as much as Siggy's. But I'm abstaining from voting in the poll.

Funny that Sigurdsson’s goal against Southampton won’t even get a mention at the end of the season. Hit the bar twice and the post but currently probably only the 3rd best we’ve scored this season.

Especially impressive given we’ve scored so few...

Rooney IMO, the height never got over the cross bar, it was in from the second it left his book, although it was also very poor from Hart who should of put it out for a throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back