Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be there Sunday and like the last 3 and in all honesty, our own mentality (players and supporters) has been woeful.

We choose to lose these games, to quote Mr Moshiri this is an “expected loss”

We go there Sunday on the back of 2 good team performance, 2 clean sheets with key players such as Williams, Rooney and Sigurdsson finding their feet after the worst start to a season for over a decade but still we don’t fancy getting up for rubbing their noses into it.

THEM expect to win EVERY game which is why we hate them but if we every want to compete at the highest level we have to instill these into ourselves and players.

Rooney has something to prove as a blue and captain for the first time in a Merseyside Derby - he has won everything you can and he won’t be settling for anything but a win!

Allardyce has been around the block to see enough of Klopp and his only plan so he will know a good result doesn’t just help the team but his reputation with the players, board and the fans.

Play to our strengths and attack theirs.

Deep defence, with 2 banks of 4, soak up the 1st 20 mins and get the crowd rattled.

Play clever and dirty. Make the most of every set-piece and crosses because they aren’t indestructible plus they all know it.

Fight for everything and it will come.

We can win this COYB!

I’ll be there Sunday and like the last 3 and in all honesty, our own mentality (players and supporters) has been woeful.

We choose to lose these games, to quote Mr Moshiri this is an “expected loss”

We go there Sunday on the back of 2 good team performance, 2 clean sheets with key players such as Williams, Rooney and Sigurdsson finding their feet after the worst start to a season for over a decade but still we don’t fancy getting up for rubbing their noses into it.

THEM expect to win EVERY game which is why we hate them but if we every want to compete at the highest level we have to instill these into ourselves and players.

Rooney has something to prove as a blue and captain for the first time in a Merseyside Derby - he has won everything you can and he won’t be settling for anything but a win!

Allardyce has been around the block to see enough of Klopp and his only plan so he will know a good result doesn’t just help the team but his reputation with the players, board and the fans.

Play to our strengths and attack theirs.

Deep defence, with 2 banks of 4, soak up the 1st 20 mins and get the crowd rattled.

Play clever and dirty. Make the most of every set-piece and crosses because they aren’t indestructible plus they all know it.

Fight for everything and it will come.

We can win this COYB!

My opinion doesn't mean anything about us winning or losing but there's one thing in your post which sticks out

Wayne Rooney

He can make something happen. We would need a world class performance but he has things in his locker that Niasse looks on his locker and thinks "nope I ain't got what Wayne has in his locker".

Be clever, be solid, don't make knobheads of ourselves letting them lure us out of our shape, take our chances at set pieces, when we get the ball can we hurt their bog standard defence and keeper?

and you never know mate.

Martina vs salah...................

Was literally saying this to my brother last night... I don't know if I can actually watch this ... but I do have a feeling (I should know better) that we will win. Everything says we should get thrashed but I have a feeling the Rooney is going to score the winner... I probably won't have that feeling after 30mins when we are 3-0 down tho.

Not letting 2 wins against the poorest team at the moment in the league and the worst travellers on the league cloud my judgement. Think they are going to absolutely batter us like they always do

How good are we? has the result against hudds, made the players more comfidence? I hope soo, at least enough soo, to go toe to toe, and get a X.

Status
Not open for further replies.