Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have better quality and more depth in their forwards. It's more or less even at the back. I think we will do well to salvage a point. Ten men behind the ball from the first whistle. If we score at all, it will be on the counter. Hoping for the best, but not expecting it. COYB

They have better quality and more depth in their forwards. It's more or less even at the back. I think we will do well to salvage a point. Ten men behind the ball from the first whistle. If we score at all, it will be on the counter. Hoping for the best, but not expecting it. COYB

Set pieces are the obvious source of joy for us but you can bet we'll either not get any or hit the front man on every single one.

Really wish we Barkley for this, given that we're basically going to have to play on the counter, he could have done damage.

Lennon, Sig and DCL/Niasse will have to make the most of any opportunity when the ball breaks.

After the Southampton game I was absolutely convinced I wasn't watching this.

Two wins haven't made me optimistic as, being the same age as you OP, I've seen us roll over for our annual tummy tickle far too many times to let expectation grow. Still, the two wins mean I'll tune in despite a likely bumming.

No. Don't cave in.

6231895.gif

Don't think it will be a 4 or 5-0 bumming to them, but also don't see us getting any joy.

2-0 to those who live in their respective Mothers' basements.

Weirdly glad we have that pointless European game on thursday so I don't dwell on this all week. I'm not sure we will ever win another derby so let's just get it over with and with as little emotional scarring as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.