Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather is looking very iffy for the derby. Heavy snow from early hours of Sunday morning - 4am - and lasting until 1pm-2pm.

If the forecast is accurate I don't see how the surrounding areas will be cleared for fans. Sky will be distraught.

If the forecast is accurate I don't see how the surrounding areas will be cleared for fans. Sky will be distraught.
It's not like it's snow showers driving in from the Irish Sea on gale force winds and passing right through; this one is progressing slowly up from the south west and looks like it'll deposit a blanket of snow for hours on end.

I predict a decision about 11am on Sunday whether the game goes ahead. I can see it suiting both teams to postpone.

I think we'd all like it to be cancelled and give our blood pressure and livers a rest until January, but Everton never get any luck in derbies. As somebody said with the bad weather it will be hard for their fans to travel from Norway, Pakistan and China so there will be lots of empty seats about. Knowing our luck the weather improve just in time for the game, so Stevey G can give his expert analysis.

v8j4tj.gif
Shame on you lads.

I always look at these games and think how many of our lot are better than theirs -

Pickford better than Mignolet
Coleman is out injured so can't count him currently
After that??? I'm not sure and that is a real criticism of the piss poor recruitment from Ronko and Walsh

Their centre halves are crap but so are ours
Baines has lost it
Our midfield has been abysmal
We don't really have a proper top striker

Davies will be effective for as long as he doesn't have a yellow card next to his name, which will probably be around 5 minutes. Shame there's no one else we could really play.

Status
Not open for further replies.