Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will always be spoken down to by them. Even if we win they would probably give us a pat on the back. They have that superiority over us and won't change.

Do you want to know why they win year after year? Because they see us as just another fixture and we see them as the 'big one' the 'occasion' the 'derby'. If we treat this like any other away game and forget the pressure thats on us created by the fans, we might win. But all it takes is one of our local lads to make a mistake and its game over.

Instead of thinking "this is the derby" just think of it like any other club would "Liverpool away" it might just ease the nerves.

Spot on, our mentality is all wrong.

Gueye is better than Can and Hendohendo

Is he though ? Everyone says Henderson is rubbish apart from Liverpool fans who love him. Fans don’t tend to love players and consider them nailed on starters if they are gash.

Gueye is decent but got overhyped last season, he’s a top class grinder but very limited on the ball compared to both Henderson and Can (neither of whome are exactly pele).

Is he though ? Everyone says Henderson is rubbish apart from Liverpool fans who love him. Fans don’t tend to love players if they are gash.

Gueye is decent but got massively overhyped last season, he’s a very limited footballer compared to both Henderson and Can (neither of whome are exactly pele).

You couldn't with any conviction say Gueye is better than either of them. You can bet everything you have he'll be chasing shadows tomorrow as their midfield dominates.

I dont expect any points, i do expect plenty of effort and after the way the derby results have gone over the last few seasons a fighting defeat against that shower will be a massive improvement!

This is no slight on you because I feel exactly the same, but we sound like a League 1 team on an FA Cup day out.

We will always be spoken down to by them. Even if we win they would probably give us a pat on the back. They have that superiority over us and won't change.

Do you want to know why they win year after year? Because they see us as just another fixture and we see them as the 'big one' the 'occasion' the 'derby'. If we treat this like any other away game and forget the pressure thats on us created by the fans, we might win. But all it takes is one of our local lads to make a mistake and its game over.

Instead of thinking "this is the derby" just think of it like any other club would "Liverpool away" it might just ease the nerves.
Supporters like you, and there are plenty of them, have that defeatist attitude, but I'm sure the players don't.

I don't expect Everton to win this match, but not because of anything that happened in this fixture in the past. I give us a
chance, but the recent form of their forwards line makes them far more likely to win. They do lose and draw games
though, you know.

They have goals in them, but are basic flat track bullies. We, however, are an arguably more talented side just low on form and confidence (both improving). We go toe-to-toe with them they will crumble.

Big Sam has the measure of Deirdre.

Status
Not open for further replies.