Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but anybody who even remotely thinks we will even get a 0-0 is in cuckoo land I expect the game to be won by Liverpool by half time quite quite comfortably. Forget this game and move on to Newcastle which now looks dodgy to lol

We will always be spoken down to by them. Even if we win they would probably give us a pat on the back. They have that superiority over us and won't change.

Do you want to know why they win year after year? Because they see us as just another fixture and we see them as the 'big one' the 'occasion' the 'derby'. If we treat this like any other away game and forget the pressure thats on us created by the fans, we might win. But all it takes is one of our local lads to make a mistake and its game over.

Instead of thinking "this is the derby" just think of it like any other club would "Liverpool away" it might just ease the nerves.

Good luck tomorrow against your nauseating neighbours. I genuinely hope you get to see Klanfield almost empty at full time, just like Old Trafford after the sick swan in 11/12.

sorry but anybody who even remotely thinks we will even get a 0-0 is in cuckoo land I expect the game to be won by Liverpool by half time quite quite comfortably. Forget this game and move on to Newcastle which now looks dodgy to lol

Alas Matty, I like you am resigned to defeat.

yet I will still be watching the game tomorrow like the fool I am.

We will always be spoken down to by them. Even if we win they would probably give us a pat on the back. They have that superiority over us and won't change.

Do you want to know why they win year after year? Because they see us as just another fixture and we see them as the 'big one' the 'occasion' the 'derby'. If we treat this like any other away game and forget the pressure thats on us created by the fans, we might win. But all it takes is one of our local lads to make a mistake and its game over.

Instead of thinking "this is the derby" just think of it like any other club would "Liverpool away" it might just ease the nerves.
Very good point.

To add to that , even if we do see it as the big game, there has not been anyone in the club to evoke any pride in the game on our side. You would think after a losing streak in the game there would be players there like Baines like jags , especially with Rooney now who you would expect to fire the team up. The same way dare I say Gerrard did so many years?

I stopped caring about the result a couple of years back because I got sick of not seeing any pride in the team and we know tomorrow the only way we get any result is to basically concede to them being better and try to keep them out all game. Granted it is our best option but without anyone to fire the players up and make them fight on the pitch and not give up like they have it's a losing battle, we have lost before we have stepped on the pitch.

If it was me tomorrow, if give Rooney the arm band no matter what and get him to fire the team up. It means so much more to him than anyone else to get a derby win so give it to him and use his passion the same way them lot did for so long.

Oh and play niasse over lewen. If we want any chance then play the striker no-one knows what he will do , especially the manager.

I am not having that for one second. They treat this game as one of the most important. Their players and fans raise their performance tenfold.

They mainly win this game year upon year because they have far better players and they take it very seriously. Our record should still be a lot better though.

I dont expect any points, i do expect plenty of effort and after the way the derby results have gone over the last few seasons a fighting defeat against that shower will be a massive improvement!

We need to play like the Hammers did today, tomorrow. Maybe pray for snow too.

If not 3-1 at best....maybe just maybe one day we'll beat these spawny swines.

giphy.gif

I always look at these games and think how many of our lot are better than theirs -

Pickford better than Mignolet
Coleman is out injured so can't count him currently
After that??? I'm not sure and that is a real criticism of the piss poor recruitment from Ronko and Walsh

Their centre halves are crap but so are ours
Baines has lost it
Our midfield has been abysmal
We don't really have a proper top striker

Gueye is better than Can and Hendohendo

Status
Not open for further replies.