New Everton Stadium Discussion

Absolutely spot on. Does anybody, anywhere, actually give a toss what Unesco think about Liverpool? I bet you could count the amount of people who visit Liverpool because it does have 'World Heritage Status' on one hand.

The council should tell them to go swivel and push ahead with Liverpool Waters - if Peel produce anything like what they have proposed it will attract people from all over the world - many, many more people than are attracted by some pointless status 'given' to us by some nomarks.
Yes. The council do and the City Region, that's the only thing that matters.

'Developer Peel has now said there is "no likelihood" of the project being developed as originally planned'

Death by a thousand cuts - Not sure if this is the first or the tenth

The stadium was never part of the original plans. It could be sunk into the dock reducing the visible height from street level and be built out of materials sympathetic to the surrounding areas. It is nothing like a skyscraper.

WHS is utter sh*te. It's basically a "preservation order" because of the historical waterfront and other landmark buildings. Remember Moshiri, that we (Everton) are not a museum? Neither is the city. It evolves. What the club may do with the council is to be aesthetically pleasing but don't fret i'm sure if push came to shove like someone said earlier the city would ditch WHS. It's an irrelevance. Always used to do my head in when any new development came and they had to bow down to quango's like this. Look at the modern Pier Head Ferry Terminal or some other buildings and ask how they've slipped through WHS net as they're eyesores!

Absolutely spot on. Does anybody, anywhere, actually give a toss what Unesco think about Liverpool? I bet you could count the amount of people who visit Liverpool because it does have 'World Heritage Status' on one hand.

The council should tell them to go swivel and push ahead with Liverpool Waters - if Peel produce anything like what they have proposed it will attract people from all over the world - many, many more people than are attracted by some pointless status 'given' to us by some nomarks.

Developer Peel has now said there is "no likelihood" of the project being developed as originally planned'

The only way that World Heritage status is retained is if this stadium scheme is ditched.

We are nearing endgame.

CLUB STATEMENT

"Regrettably, we've had to ditch our plans to move to a new world class stadium on the Liverpool waterfront due to UNESCO blocking the building of a stadium on a World Heritage Site. This is particularly painful for us, because we honestly deffo had the finances in place and were confident of being in the stadium within a year. As the Club invested a lot of money into this project, we will now need to balance the books over the next 10-15 years. We unanimously agree that the only person who can re-stabalise us over this period is Bill Kenwright."

Below is NSFW:

bill-kenwright.jpg

Yes. The council do and the City Region, that's the only thing that matters.

No they don't. The Council will happily lose the status to keep a massive regeneration project afloat which bring thousands of jobs and also contribute a net profit to the council when every bit of funding is being taken away.

Make no mistake, the city will given two options: the stadium or heritage status - the stadium will win every time.

UNESCO are very unhappy with the plans for the north end docks and the council are in reverse gear mode it looks to me.

Throw in the personal credibility of Joe Anderson crumbling with each passing day and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see the trajectory of where this is headed to.

I'll give you the mounting issues are adding up, but none yet can cause anyone to say for sure that's it, it's over.

As far as I know the BM dock walls that the water currently sits in are to be kept (maybe only a couple of feet but you would still see the outline) which was a stumbling block, along with the outer dock wall that runs down Regent Road and the pump house. That should satisfy the UNESCO as long as it isn't an eye sore or takes away from the skyline as it stands.

I'll give you the mounting issues are adding up, but none yet can cause anyone to say for sure that's it, it's over.

As far as I know the BM dock walls that the water currently sits in are to be kept (maybe only a couple of feet but you would still see the outline) which was a stumbling block, along with the outer dock wall that runs down Regent Road and the pump house. That should satisfy the UNESCO as long as it isn't an eye sore or takes away from the skyline as it stands.

Looking at the agm Elstone appeared on shaky ground double costs etc, my take on that was the club `letting the fans down slowly`
Things have ground to a halt. I think if I was a betting man I would bet that this is extremely unlikely to happen now

No they don't. The Council will happily lose the status to keep a massive regeneration project afloat which bring thousands of jobs and also contribute a net profit to the council when every bit of funding is being taken away.

Make no mistake, the city will given two options: the stadium or heritage status - the stadium will win every time.
Oh that is bad news, ah well never mind aye.

It certainly looks like the club is doing all it can to simultaniously keep the fans excited and 'involved' yet not provide any solid development information. We were at the fan consultation stage about 18 months ago, and it's back frame yet again. Why?