New Everton Stadium Discussion

don't know what some of you expect from the club? they are bringing updates when stuff IS CONFIRMED, if they just start coming out every weeks with ideas/updates about the stadium and some of it doesn't come into fruition they will get absolutely slaughtered, just get behind it until the day it doesn't happen, then we can all get spades and invade goodison and batter someone

edit, a new update would be nice though

On foot if that worrying article, I would say an update right about now is the bare minimum the club should do to put fans’ minds at rest.

On foot if that worrying article, I would say an update right about now is the bare minimum the club should do to put fans’ minds at rest.
The article wasn't even about the stadium though?, and another article mentions about what will be needed during planning application, do you honestly not think the club/Dan Meis know about this already?

Not sure how you can say that? Dan Meis has been working on maintaining the heritage and history of the site?, the new guidelines are based around building height, so really unsure how people are getting the nail in coffin thing

Well, I hope you are right.

But I have been around this club far too long to easily ditch the fatalistic attitude that has haunted me since circa 1997 and I just cannot get the precedent that is King’s Dock out of my mind.

Sorry about that :(

The article wasn't even about the stadium though?, and another article mentions about what will be needed during planning application, do you honestly not think the club/Dan Meis know about this already?

I cannot comment on Mr. Meis’s knowledge but I can comment on that of Everton FC and it would not surprise me in the least.

We have a signed contract to "lease the land"
There is no longer an SPV required with the new financing model
And peel are talking about the taller buildings within the plans

Stop talking out of your hoop

1 Regardless of an SPV it remains unsupported at this time, and hugely short of the funds necessary in any event.

2 according to this mornings reports if they are taller then it is bye bye to World Heritage Status something
that the Council simply will not support, no matter how much Peel `talk`

3 Like myself you have an opinion, therefore if I am talking out my hoop, then you must be talking out of your
hoop also

1 Regardless of an SPV it remains unsupported at this time, and hugely short of the funds necessary in any event.

2 according to this mornings reports if they are taller then it is bye bye to World Heritage Status something
that the Council simply will not support, no matter how much Peel `talk`

3 Like myself you have an opinion, therefore if I am talking out my hoop, then you must be talking out of your
hoop also
So you honestly believe a stadium is going to be taller than say the liver buildings?

Of course it is about the stadium.

Unless I am reading it wrong the Council are going to set “height limits” to the buildings in order to satisfy UNESCO.

Until we know his high the buildings can be then we do not know how thus will impact on the proposed new stadium.

And Peel saying there is “no likelihood” of it going as originally planned raises further questions.

This is all very pertinent to our dream of moving down by the river.

I appreciate your input but it is doing nowt to quell my fears I am afraid :(

Looking at the agm Elstone appeared on shaky ground double costs etc, my take on that was the club `letting the fans down slowly`
Things have ground to a halt. I think if I was a betting man I would bet that this is extremely unlikely to happen now

Hey listen i'm as cynical as the next with Everton FC.

I disagree above about the costs the early reported costs of £300m were pathetic you'd be building a Riverside or Pride Park there if we were lucky!
I know we have no news on the design and people are moaning about there still being survey's. Yeah the club are engaging with fans and rightly so, this runs for another week. I'd be cynical enough to ask a) is it just lip service as Meis will have the plans etc already or b) If they haven't got an clue about the stadium after the last year or two wtf have they been doing?
There's still a long way to go both with the design and the funding, planning etc. I keep saying it's a once in a hundred year opportunity so we must get it right! Assuming we do move....

This World Heritage Status worry is daft, dont recall anyone worried about that when the plans for a sewage works went in, but they do about a state of the art stadium? Its a none story