Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 20!!!
We have 5 quality players that we need to buy this summer to fill identified gaps in our premier starting XI, and a limted budget with which to do so. A player like this is not on that shopping list. We need to be realistic.

It'll be great fun watching the lad but I doubt we could afford him on top of the others.

Theres no guarantee he'll learn. Barkley never as we all know.

Sig should be our number 10. Walcott out right and Lookman/Lozano/Kluivert out left.
With a good striker (hopefully Tosun can prove himself up to it) then we’ll be fine.

Pace from wide attackers, added width from fall-backs (Baines needs replacing) and we’ll need at least one good centre back and a midfielder to play alongside Gueye.

By my reckoning we need;
Centre back
Left back
Centre mid
Left attacker (Lozano/Kluivert)
Centre forward

5 new players with an absolute load of dead wood to be shipped out.
Getting high earners Williams, Rooney and Sandro off the wage bill would be a good start.

Exactly what is required IMO - perhaps even 2 centre halves if we can shift Jags and Williams.

Getting players like Williams , Jagielka , Schneiderlin , Bolasie , Mirrallas and Sandro out the door is just as important as new signings.

Lots of work for Marcel

Brands is already quoted as saying his agent Raiola will be helping him with recruitment early on. With both Lozano and Justin Kluivert represented by Raiola, and both plying their trade in holland where Brands will obviously know everything about them, I’d be amazed if neither isn’t targeted. Certainly think we’ll try to get one of them. If we can get them is another matter.

Brands is already quoted as saying his agent Raiola will be helping him with recruitment early on. With both Lozano and Justin Kluivert represented by Raiola, and both plying their trade in holland where Brands will obviously know everything about them, I’d be amazed if neither isn’t targeted. Certainly think we’ll try to get one of them. If we can get them is another matter.
Fabra (full back) and either Lozano or Kluivert on the left side of our midfield would be a serious upgrade on last season.

Saying the same as what most people think of a hypocrite foreigner who lives in a country he hates and refuses to follow the customs or beliefs of the nation...do that elsewhere and get deported.
Isn't he from Northern Ireland? - part of UK. But you're calling him a foreigner. Can't have it every way mate.

...before I nip out for my Racing Post, here’s what’s in the transfer gossip columns this Saturday morning;

- The Daily Mail say Wayne Rooney’s move to MLS is in doubt after Everton offered the player an open ended invitation to return to Goodison in a coaching role.

- Spurs and Everton target, Kwadwo Asamoah, has announced on Instagram his intention to leave Juventus this summer. The 29 year old Ghanaian can play in midfield or at left back.

- InsideFootball website say Everton and Liverpool target, Hakim Ziyech, will stay at Ajax if he doesn’t feel a proposed move is right. The 25 year old Moroccan is an attacking midfielder.

- Sources in Spain suggests Sandro’s permanent move to Sevilla is up in the air following the sacking of Sam Allardyce. Sevilla thought they could easily negotiate a transfer but the situation is now more complicated.

- SportWitness website say reports from Portugal suggest Everton are keen on Brazilian playmaker, Anderson Talisca. The 24 year old plays for Benfica but is currently on loan at Besiktas.

..and some Manager stuff;

- The Telegraph reports Marco Silva is edging towards a move to Goodison, further talks will be held next week.

- According to The Times, Everton are refusing to pay compensation to Watford for the appointment of Silva. Everton say they have evidence that Watford made an unsolicited approach for Silva when he was Hull Manager.

mate, allow me to add in some news on our target.

Patrick kluivert
“I'm not renewing my contract at Ajax. Too much has happened,”Kluivert told Volkstrant.
“The decreasing morale, lack of confidence, trying to sell me to Tottenham without me knowing.
“I heard about that at the last minute. That says nothing about Ajax, but about the people in the club.
“They do want they want. I get that feeling again, they do what they want.”
Kluivert’s latest round of contract negotiations with Ajax are believed to have broken down over his demands to become the highest-paid player at the club. Kluivert, who is represented by Mino Raiola, demanded €1.5m a year – in excess of Ajax’s wage ceiling of €1m.
But in the interview Kluivert said instability at the club – and not his wage demands – were to blame for his stance.
“Ajax change coaches too easily. They do not really get a chance,” he added.
“You notice our trainer that he is not really comfortable. You also saw that with Marcel Keizer.
“That's what boys feel. You can see how trainers behave, how they express themselves, even in the press. It feels unstable.
“The team was very close at the beginning of the season. That is no longer the case.”
In February Kluivert played down talk of a move to Man Utd.
Kluivert told Voetbal Inside: “The chances of me leaving are slim. I haven’t spoken to Jose Mourinho myself. I know as much as you do.
“Rumours are always there, but Manchester United has never come up, and I don’t think it’s a logical step. A few more years at Ajax? Who knows, we’ll see.”
And his agent Raiola claims that, while the winger is not looking to leave, that does not obligate him to sign a new contract.
The Italian told Quotenet: "All that is happening right now is that Justin has not renewed.
"That does not mean he wants to leave. No, Ajax just want him to renew so they can ask for money."
Kluivert's contract at Ajax expires at the end of next season, and Raiola insists that he has no plans to leave before then — which should be sufficient.
He added: "He will still respect his contract and stay for another year. Is that not what everyone allegedly wants?
"Or do they just want to sign him up so they can for money? Because, if they want him to stay, he does not need to sign a new contract. No, Ajax just want to renew for cash."
Meanwhile, Raiola, who also represents the likes of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli, defended his reputation, insisting: "So far, I have only been accused of doing my job and defending my player — which I see as a compliment."
Kluivert is the son of former Holland striker Patrick, and has scored ten league goals as Ajax finished second in the Eredivisie.
Van der Saar, winner of the Champions League in 2008 with Manchester United, is doubtful Kluivert will sign a new contract with the club.
Talking to Ziggo Sport, he said: “We have been talking for 10 months now [about a renewal], and we are a bit done with it all now.
“He is difficult to keep. His agent [Raiola] pushes him towards the exit, which is a shame, because it is not our intention that players aged eighteen or nineteen leave the club, that is not the philosophy of Ajax.”

Anthony Martial
Martial found it difficult to get into Mourinho’s starting XI before Alexis Sanchez’s arrival in January but with the Chilean, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford all fighting for two of the positions behind Romelu Lukaku, it’s the Monaco man who is most likely to be sacrificed.
Anthony Martial must have been wondering what was going on when, upon checking his mobile phone on January 22, he saw a video of Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez performing a piano rendition of 'Glory, Glory Man United'.
Only this was no longer Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez, this was Alexis Sanchez, the new Manchester United number seven.
Just two days prior Martial had been United's match winner at Turf Moor, lighting up an ordinary affair against Burnley with a clinical strike - his third superb goal in as many Premier League games - to earn United all three points and move onto 11 goals for the season.
This was a finish of a player high on confidence, a player feeling the love of his manager, and a player showing the sort of debut-season form that earned him the prestigious Golden Boy award in 2015.
Fast-forward four months and Martial is without a goal since that January rocket in Lancashire and a summer exit isn't entirely impossible.
It is surely no coincidence that the Frenchman's form has dipped since the arrival of Chilean Sanchez, who immediately commanded the left-wing berth in the team, thus forcing Martial into an unfamiliar position on the right wing for the dismal Wembley loss to Spurs.
He was dropped for the next league game at home to Huddersfield before an unsuccessful return to the right flank for the loss to Newcastle a week later.
On just three occasions since that defeat at St James' Park has Martial completed 90 minutes for United and, as a result, his place in France's World Cup squad is now surely in jeopardy as well his Old Trafford future.
He can be excused for feeling a little hurt by how his manager cast him aside to accommodate Sanchez in his favoured role.
Martial's latest set-back came on Friday when, promised a start against Watford and surely a final opportunity to work himself into Mourinho's FA Cup final plans, he picked up a knee injury in training that could keep him out of the Wembley showpiece altogether.
The Frenchman was not spotted on the pitch for United's lap of honour shortly after full-time against the Hornets and some supporters will fear he may have kicked his last ball for United with Juventus among the clubs reportedly circling.
Martial has 12 months remaining on his contract at Old Trafford, although United have the option to extend his terms by a year.
But according to journalist Duncan Castles, the Frenchman doesn't expect to stick around for the start of next season.
Martial has 12 months remaining on his contract at Old Trafford, although United have the option to extend his terms by a year.
But according to journalist Duncan Castles, the Frenchman doesn't expect to stick around for the start of next season.
He said on The Transfer Window Podcast: "Martial’s agent has been marketing him around Europe, and trying to get a club.
"I’m told he hasn’t got a definite contract offer yet.
"From what I understand, Martial is telling friends that he expects to be elsewhere when the summer window is complete.
"And I’m told Jose Mourinho would be open to selling him if he asks for a transfer.
"It’s not the case that Martial has been put on the market, but they are ready to let him leave if he decides he wants to go away."
Martial was signed by Man United from Monaco for an initial £36m in September 2015.
Castles added: "Martial’s agent hasn’t found an offer yet, but it should not be impossible to find a buyer for a player of Martial’s ability and age - albeit there are problems with him - which someone doing their due diligence will discover.
"It shouldn’t be too hard to get that transfer fee, including add-ons, back.
"The problem they do have is there’s only one year left on the contract with the option for another year.
"But a valuation of €80m doesn’t seem ridiculous to me Given how much money there is in the market."
Martial's cousin Jema has laid into Jose Mourinho - highlighting previous examples of the United boss' tactics inhibiting the talents of top attacking players.
He tweeted: "It is impossible to progress under the orders of this coach. Too many examples prove it.
"If you see the last two years and the past with Salah, De Bruyne or Lukaku at Chelsea, I don’t invent.
"I think that for young players who can improve he’s not the good one. Just a view."

Lazano
According to Marca Claro, PSV Eindhoven winger Hirving Lozano is set to sign with super-agent Mino Raiola, strengthening links to Everton.
Lozano, 22, joined PSV from Pachuca last summer and as enjoyed a stunning season in the Eredivisie, hitting 16 goals in 27 outings to help the Eindhoven outfit win the title.
After also recording eight assists, Lozano could be on the move this summer, as The Sunday People report that Everton are interested in snapping up the Mexican international this summer.
PSV sporting director Marcel Brands is quoted as saying that he is heading to Everton this summer, and the Dutchman may well return to his current employers in order to sign Lozano for a second time.
According to Don Balon, Suarez reckons PSV Eindhoven star Hirving Lozano has what it takes to fill his boots at the Nou Camp when he eventually leaves.
The publication also claims that the La Liga giants may be able to compete a deal for Lozano for less than £31m (€35m).
Lozano has managed to establish himself as one the top young talents in Europe since moving to Holland from his native Mexico.
Operating primarily as a winger, he has managed to hit an incredible 16 goals and 11 assists in 27 appearances for the Dutch champions this term.
That means Lozano has directly contributed, on average, to a goal per game despite still being just 22 years of age.

Tierney
The highly-rated left-back is drawing admiring glances from England, and may leave eventually, but his manager is not expecting to do a summer deal
Brendan Rodgers concedes that Kieran Tierney may leave Celtic at some stage in the future, but expects the Manchester United target to remain at Parkhead for “a few years yet”.
Having emerged as one of the most exciting prospects in Scottish football, the 20-year-old defender is starting to attract interest from afar.
Rodgers is aware of the speculation, and admits a deal may be done further down the line, but the Hoops boss is expecting Tierney to still be with the Scottish Premiership champions in 2018-19.
He told reporters when quizzed on the exit rumours: “I don’t put any speculation or figure around him.
“Everyone sees the market now and there is a market out there for top talents and particularly young talents. But he’s a player who’s not for sale. He’s still got development to go and he is in a great place to learn.
“If you play for a big club in whatever country, there will always be people watching you. Obviously there is a dearth of good left-backs around and with Kieran’s qualities and huge potential still as a young player, that is always going to draw the eyes of top teams.
“Kieran has great qualities. He has a really good temperament and that is getting better in big games. Tactically, he understands the game much better. Physically, he can cope with any league in the world. He has got stronger and faster. He is playing at a big club."
Rodgers added: “You see his passion and love for Celtic. I’m sure there will be times over the next few years when that will be tested, because obviously there will be a financial implication there that you have to think about, and he can’t not have that opportunity if it comes. But I don’t think it’s something that’s on his radar.
“He knows that to leave Celtic, ever, it has to be a win-win situation for him and the club so that people go ‘okay, we can see that one’. It tends to be more that sort of moral issue that comes into it, in terms of being on ‘X’ amount at Celtic, another club can give him more and they give you a big fee as a club.
“It’s very, very difficult for a young player to turn that down. If the player doesn’t want to go, it’s okay – you’ll not be pushing him out the door. He’s a Celtic supporter and that means everything to him, but football’s a business now for players and I think he’s recognising that if you’re playing over 15 years of your life and you’re at this club for whatever – another four or five years – he might feel that this is the happiest he’ll ever be.
“This is where football becomes a business. I hear now of so many players of years gone by, bless them, who’ve never earned the money and then people talk of loyalty and say, ‘Oh, they played this many games and blah, blah, blah’ and ‘what a player he was.’ Then they say, ‘Oh he’s struggling at the minute.’ So, you have to look after yourself and that’s the modern world. But he’s a great kid and I’m sure he’ll be here for a few years yet.”
Tierney, 20, put pen to paper on a lucrative six-year contract earlier in the season to make him one of the club's highest earners.
And the boyhood Celtic fan insists he is more than happy to stay with Brendan Rodgers' side but remains flattered by the interest shown in him.
He said: "I've never thought about elsewhere yet, in my life. It's just been Celtic since the age of seven.
"I've never even been on trial with another team. I was at my local boys' club then moved to Celtic at seven.
"Can I see myself being here all my career? Yes, I can. But, you never know in football.
"I've never thought about being away from Celtic. Maybe one day it will happen."
Last month, Tierney was tipped to thrive at a club like Manchester United by former striker Chris Sutton.
‘One thing that stands out straight away with Kieran Tierney is his personality,’ Sutton said. ‘He’s only 20, but has already captained Scotland. ‘He’s level-headed, hard-working and very likeable. And he’s a grafter, someone who works hard for the team. ‘It doesn’t surprise me Manchester United are after him. He’s a Jose Mourinho-type player.
‘He really caught the eye in Europe last season and, amazingly, only Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio has played more minutes in any top division across the world this season. ‘He’s
extremely solid in defence, makes good decisions and can play anywhere across the backline.
Tierney, who has been watched by Tottenham and Manchester United, is pleased to see his hard work being recognised by English clubs but has refused to become distracted by reports.
When asked how he responded to the speculation, he said: "I don't react in any other way than giving my all for Celtic every day in training and in every game I play.
"I'm flattered by the interest from teams - you have to be - it means you're doing something well, it means you're doing something right. I'm just enjoying my time here now."
Sky Sports suggest Everton need to up the ante if they are keen on the player.
Everton need to improve their defensive options. The left-back position, in particular, is a major concern at Goodison Park. When Leighton Baines suffered an injury earlier this season the alarming lack of cover in the position left Cuco Martina filling in admirably.
The fact is, Baines is reaching the latter years of his career and a long-term replacement needs to be sought. Of all the options available to Everton, Tierney could, in fact, be the best.
The Bhoys defender is a similar player to Baines, in that he is a major threat going forward. He will struggle to match the assist record that Baines has had at Everton over the years, but he would certainly be an attacking option.
The main difference between the pair, however, could be that Tierney is better defensively. He has played at centre-back in the past and that may be a reason to consider Tierney something of a Baines upgrade going forward.
Some will dismiss the Scotsman as perhaps not being ready for regular Premier League football. But Everton must look at the success Liverpool have had with Tierney’s countryman Andrew Robertson and realise the Celtic player is worth a chance.
Last summer, a report from the Daily Mail suggested Celtic valued Tierney at £17 million. But after an improvement this season and the signing of a new deal in October, that fee could end up being more.
But Everton have shown they are not afraid to invest in young talent recently and Tierney could be the answer to their left-back problem for many years to come. If Bournemouth are stepping up the chase for the 20-year-old talent, then Everton must make sure they respond..

He was our only creative player which made him our best player I suppose. But in the end he didnt develop. He stopped being the maverick but never developed the awareness or decisuon making and in the end wasnt good enough for what we needed to challenge the top 6.

Dont talk daft. He was not good enough for us, so the champions took him.

He would still be our best player now.

Pretty much anything that was great over the last 4 years come from him or rom.

Exactly what is required IMO - perhaps even 2 centre halves if we can shift Jags and Williams.

Getting players like Williams , Jagielka , Schneiderlin , Bolasie , Mirrallas and Sandro out the door is just as important as new signings.

Lots of work for Marcel

Keep Jagz and Schneiderlin. Bomb the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.