Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bring Silva is showing ambition? West Ham are showing more ambition than Everton. Raff Benitiz and Manuel Pellegrini being linked. We need a big name. Most of the Fans want a big name.

Getting Silva is going to be another mistake.

If Aston Villa come up next season, they will spend big, as will Wolves - getting into the top 10 not going to be easy, never mind 7th.

When one of the top team sack their manager, you just have to look at the names being linked to the jobs. The ones linked to Everton are always managers the top 6 will never employ.

Everton lack ambition- just got to look at pre-season when we never play any of the top teams in europe for a pre-season game.
So Everton cannot play RS in the USA or Australia.

Time to be more ambition Everton, or mid table teams will go ahead of.
I'm reverting to my default position of not wholly expecting ambition to be shown right this moment.
I'm coming from the point whereby it is stability needed right now.
One manager in 13 yrs was it with Moyes, to suddenly five if you include Unsworth, in the last few years.
We have to show stability over the next five or six years because the elephant in the room is BMD.
If we cannot sustain our Premier League position for the immediate future, then kiss goodbye to a new stadium, then and only then can we start mentioning ambition in the sense that we all want it to mean.
I will nail my colours to the mast and say Silva can give us what we want for the next few years.

His mistake was to retain players he should have binned. He had the stock to carry out such pruning but chose to leave them in place...and spent WAY too much time that summer at the WC on tv panels.

Perhaps, though there were not that many in the side from his first season that needed binning. If he had kept that same style and signed Deulofeu permanently (or an upgrade on him) we would have done much better than we did.

Unbelievable the negativity. Some people on here think we are Barcelona or Real Madrid. No top managers want this job. They will wait like Tuchel did until the right opportunity comes along and they come quicker now than ever. People go look at the top 6 managers before they got their big breaks.

Pep Barcelona B manager before being promoted Barcelona first Team
Mourinho Benfica 9 games and resigned then Uniao de Leira 6months, Then Porto
Pochettino Espanyol 3 seasons sacked when bottom of league then Southampton 8th position, then Spurs
Klopp Mainz 7 seasons including being relegated Then Dortmund
Conte Arezzo sacked after 3 months, Bari promotion, Atalanta resigned in 19th,Siena then Juventus
Wenger Nancy relegated after 3 seasons, Monaco won League then sacked, Grampus Eight, Then Arsenal

As you can see from above none had great cv before getting their big breaks.

Closer to home.....Joe Royle.

Relegated with Oldham 1994.

Won F.A. Cup with EFC 1995 ;)

Unbelievable the negativity. Some people on here think we are Barcelona or Real Madrid. No top managers want this job. They will wait like Tuchel did until the right opportunity comes along and they come quicker now than ever. People go look at the top 6 managers before they got their big breaks.

Pochettino Espanyol 3 seasons sacked when bottom of league then Southampton 8th position, then Spurs
Conte Arezzo sacked after 3 months, Bari promotion, Atalanta resigned in 19th,Siena then Juventus
Wenger Nancy relegated after 3 seasons, Monaco won League then sacked, Grampus Eight, Then Arsenal

That’s a hell of a post

The solid base from the Moyes era benefited Martinez tremendously and negated his defensive recklessness. Martinez effectively brought in the opposite of Moyes - attacking impetus and a bit of flair and belief - and for a while a nice balance existed that and the stoic traits we had under Moyes.

It was no coincidence that Martinez got worse the longer he was here and had time to impose his own way on the club.

Indeed, which to me was the biggest criticism you could make of him - that his ego drove him to refuse to play in a way that worked, that was great to watch (that Arsenal game at Goodison in his first season for instance) and that everyone (apart from him) clearly believed in.

Brilliant post that, I'll be using some of them to pipe Kopites down when they say he got relegated with hull (even though he was only at Hull for 4 months)

Anyone who isn’t behind him from the start will just prolong their indifference to the club after the shambles of the past year. I want to actually enjoy being an Evertonian again, not that I’ve had many days doing that!

Everyone needs to just give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I’ve set myself a limit of 15 games before I’m allowing myself to shout for his sacking.

Brilliant post that, I'll be using some of them to pipe Kopites down when they say he got relegated with hull (even though he was only at Hull for 4 months)
On this subject of his time at Hull.
He gave them a fighting chance to stave off relegation to the point where it was in their own hands. This from the point of certain relegation when he joined.
His critics say that going down after being able to save themselves shows his liabilities.
The defining match was against an already doomed side in Sunderland. I was at that game and City had one 8f those games were you could see they would not score. They completely bossed the game and was it not for two outstanding saves from Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson (and don't get me started about those two) by a certain young goalkeeper, they would possibly had stayed up. Oh, and if you think EFC are a basket case at boardroom level you don't know much about the Allam family and their behaviour.

Anyone who isn’t behind him from the start will just prolong their indifference to the club after the shambles of the past year. I want to actually enjoy being an Evertonian again, not that I’ve had many days doing that!

Everyone needs to just give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I’ve set myself a limit of 15 games before I’m allowing myself to shout for his sacking.
Once, and if, some new faces arrive, and the dead wood is binned, I'll get excited again.

I'm never getting excited as I did this time last year though. I got carried away. A big no no with Everton.

I think it's hilarious they've cried and stamped their feet about our approaches to Silva, that was all done publicly and directly to them, and they were underhand sending out contracts for him to view while he was at Hull to poach him.

They've got some bloody cheek they really have, if they had any dignity left at all, they'd slink off, keep quiet and think about what utter prats they've made of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.