2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Long's a great player like but he clearly offers work rate and can bring other players into the game.

DCL has done that for us in his first full season and he's done it in a terrible team. He got 9 goals in all comps and 6 assists for the worst side in the league creatively.

I simply just don't get those who try and tear him down or say he's worthless because he's a bit jarg at putting the ball in the net.

don't get me wrong I think DCL is alrite, but as you said he's jarg at finishing and given his job is to finish that's a major problem isn't it

Absolutely miles off being anywhere near a half decent Premier League striker. No wonder we were in a relegation fight with this fella leading our line for half a season. He may turn out a good player, but he should be sent down a league to prove himself as a goalscorer first. If we have aspirations of finishing higher up the league table then DCL should be getting extremely limited gametime next season.

Absolutely miles off being anywhere near a half decent Premier League striker. No wonder we were in a relegation fight with this fella leading our line for half a season. He may turn out a good player, but he should be sent down a league to prove himself as a goalscorer first. If we have aspirations of finishing higher up the league table then DCL should be getting extremely limited gametime next season.
I think you are very wrong.

Think hes spot on to be honest, perhaps a little harsh to say 'miles off'.

He isn't a goalscorer, some of the chances wasted this season by him. He has potential but can't see him scoring 15-20 goals a season at this level.Send him down a league, get him playing game after game in the Championship and see how he gets on.

I don't think Long's a great player like but he clearly offers work rate and can bring other players into the game.

DCL has done that for us in his first full season and he's done it in a terrible team. He got 9 goals in all comps and 6 assists for the worst side in the league creatively.

I simply just don't get those who try and tear him down or say he's worthless because he's a bit jarg at putting the ball in the net.
Do you remember a former member of the forum called @Ashtonian ?

He was a bit unusual to say the least.

That last sentence is on a par with some of the stuff he used to post and that really does take some doing :hayee:

Do you remember a former member of the forum called @Ashtonian ?

He was a bit unusual to say the least.

That last sentence is on a par with some of the stuff he used to post and that really does take some doing :hayee:
Saying I don't get people who are trying to tear down Calvert-Lewin is unusual?

There's plenty of strikers throughout the history of football who have played at the top level and weren't prolific in front of goal.

Honest hard working lad and a decent player but I don’t think he’ll make it with us.

Crack on with his development and sell him for a few million to a lower end premier league club/championship club and I’d call that good business

If we offer him out on loan you will see his current level....

He will end up at Barnsley or MK Dons... bottom championship team might take a chance, but more than likely League One.

He isn't a goalscorer, some of the chances wasted this season by him. He has potential but can't see him scoring 15-20 goals a season at this level.Send him down a league, get him playing game after game in the Championship and see how he gets on.

I remember watching quite a bit of Kane at Leicester and u21 level and he was an awful finisher, I used to slate him regularly at the time. He had no composure and was rash at every chance missing a lot of chances.

I don’t think DCL will reach those heights but it definitely changed my views how a player can turn things around. Kane had time at Championship and probably reserve team level to turn it around, DCL was thrust into a struggling PL team and being played in different positions.

There is definitely a player there, you don’t get to be an England Centre Forward at that level otherwise, hopefully we let him develop and don’t expect him to be the finished article at such an early age.

You are entitled to think that mate. I respect you brah.

You damn straight fella.

If we offer him out on loan you will see his current level....

He will end up at Barnsley or MK Dons... bottom championship team might take a chance, but more than likely League One.
This is absolutely ridiculous. Look at the players who have only played u-23 minutes for their parent clubs who have played at a middling championship club. Tammy Abraham a player who had done nothing at all played at Bristol City in 16/17. Unless you were just looking for a reaction I find this irrational dislike of DCL very strange.

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous. Look at the players who have only played u-23 minutes for their parent clubs who have played at a middling championship clubs. Tammy Abraham a player who had done nothing at all played at Bristol City in 16/17. Unless you were just looking for a reaction I find this irrational dislike of DCL very strange.

Time will tell. A team pushing for Europe just has no place in the squad for DCL. I genuinely hope i'm proved wrong, I like the lad's attitude. Totally unconvinced in his ability however.

Status
Not open for further replies.