Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, not great. Somewhere in the middle.

Pleased to have dominated possession but it was always going to be difficult to break down a team playing with such a low defensive block.

Delighted for Digne and DCL linking up again to produce a goal.

Disappointed to concede yet another goal from a set piece; but equally understand that it takes time for these things to come to fruition, especially with a constantly changing lineup due to injuries.

Zouma has looked quality (and rapid!) and Holgate has won almost all of his aerial 50/50’s.

A bit of cutting edge in the final third and we’ll win this match. COYB.

1 shot on target against the worst team in the league, 1 shot on target in 46 and half minutes. FFS
Shot's on target isn't what's important. It's getting shots from good areas whether they go wide or not and we really haven't done that which is more concerning.

Digne and Zouma very tidy and neat.My men of the match so far.
Dont worry guys,Ev win this game as long as they find a way to defend set pieces

Dom was there to win it but got pushed just before the ball got there and ducked it. Unfortunate but it is annoying conceding in such a similar fashion all the time.
I just can't stand the pundits yelling and screaming about zonal marking every time a goal goes in but when someone gets bullied by their man, man marking is never at fault. Example being Kane's goal on Monday. He out jumps Phil Jones but no one goes on about how the system failed even though that is what happened.

Shot's on target isn't what's important. It's getting shots from good areas whether they go wide or not and we really haven't done that which is more concerning.

Idk it opened up quite nicely for Kurt's and Coleman's mate. Two attempts that were definitely worth a go from where I'm sitting.

Idk it opened up quite nicely for Kurt's and Coleman's mate. Two attempts that were definitely worth a go from where I'm sitting.
The problem being the amount of people in the way. Even Walcott's was a decent shooting chance but navigating all the bodies and the keeper is tough. We need to open them up a bit more imo.

At this point Id put Dowell in for Davies... or Lookman if he could get his head on straight, and drop Siggy back to Davies spot.

Again a game where we havent looked troubled defensively until its a set piece, and then its another one we fail to win at the near post 6. Difference is we havent created much in this game. I think this is also the first game we have had an opponent that packed it in as much as Huddersfield, so it may be showing our need for the creativity of a Richarlison or Bernard in a game like this, things that the likes of DCL, Davies, Gana etc lack lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.