Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s our best performance of the season for me.

We were incapable of that 6 weeks ago, getting utterly bullied by WHU at home.

That gritty battling performance is a new dimension.

Proper teams have that in their lockers and identities.

Like I say that’s the most important performance of the season for me.

My guess is that is largely down to Gomes with a sprinkling of our centre backs not making too many howlers

I'm happy with the result n all but I don't be exactly buzzing about a point away to these sides anymore. Not winning away to them is very tiresome. And just become indifferent with a draw cause it just reminds me how long are we going to go on not getting one f'n win. Hate these international breaks.

But it's all relative.

We can be disappointed at not getting more v Arsenal or United because we had our chances and played well and Utd especially were out of form.

But today we went up against a side who had not failed to score at home this season and are still unbeaten in all competitions. We went out to win, but in the second half got pressed back by a very good side. We could have created more but just lacked a bit of composure. It's all about levels and development and we're slowly getting there.

Need to move onto the Cardiff game now and keep the momentum going.

I don't think he had a great game today.

I mean, he played well, but just not at the level he has been in the other games.

But that's clearly down to us having less of the ball etc. Just think he was a bit off in terms of his passing/touch. Actually played a lot better when we moved to a 3-4-3.
A tougher game for sure, but having him in the center in a game away at a side like chelsea makes such a difference, he never ever panics and is an underrated physical presence. He will have more influential games for sure but still felt he stood out today, bearing in mind two of his games have been away at chelsea and man utd after a year of no footy

My guess is that is largely down to Gomes with a sprinkling of our centre backs not making too many howlers

I think it’s cofidence, continuity and excellent coaching myself.

Some really brilliant performers today.

Gylfi and Gomez and Gueue were superb.

This was a very different performance but hugely telling.

A tougher game for sure, but having him in the center in a game away at a side like chelsea makes such a difference, he never ever panics and is an underrated physical presence. He will have more influential games for sure but still felt he stood out today, bearing in mind two of his games have been away at chelsea and man utd after a year of no footy

Totally agree mate. I just think - in the first half at least - he was a bit off with his passing and keeping hold of the ball. But he grew as the game wore on.

Loved watching Seamus as captain getting involved and making his voice heard at a large number of the ref's decisions today, something we've missed for far too long. (Think of the various derbies where creasehead ran the show) He was there fighting our corner every time. Proper captain material!!

Very true. He was as narky and in your face as youd want your capt to be. Big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.