2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off-topic, but Zorc publically stated that Weigl won't leave this winter. Verratti injured himself yesterday, next week there will be no midfielder in the 1 billion euro PSG squad.

What you talking about he’s a world class defensive midfielder. That’s why when ward prowse picked the ball and strolled 20 yards to the edge of our box and lashed one in. Gana was the invisible man

The biggest travesty in world football if he’s still an Everton player on February the 1st
If he wasn't out there, it would've happened 9 other times and we'd have lost by a lot more.

Has he gone off the boil recently? He looked a real talent when he first broke through.

I only really watch German teams properly in the Champions League, so I'm probably basing my opinion on three or four live games.

Seems to me our midfield is being overrun, we seem to be outnumbered against most teams, so maybe it's the formation and not the players involved. Silva needs to change the way we play against teams who overload the midfield, my take on it anyway.

Reactions: Lao
If he wasn't out there, it would've happened 9 other times and we'd have lost by a lot more.

Here's a thought. Does our style of play need more of a sit deep and protect the back four type of cdm. Where gana is a all action, attracted to the ball type of cdm and is unfortunately leaving holes between the midfield and back line, allowing opposition to get space and runs at our cb's.

I'm not having a go at gana's ability as a defensive midfielder just don't think he suits this system. I remember gana being at his best when we had Barry sat deep and Barkley willing to run with the ball. Now we don't have either of thoes types of players and gana's weakness are being brought to the forefront because he now has to do a bit of all three of those roles.

Here's a thought. Does our style of play need more of a sit deep and protect the back four type of cdm. Where gana is a all action, attracted to the ball type of cdm and is unfortunately leaving holes between the midfield and back line, allowing opposition to get space and runs at our cb's.

I'm not having a go at gana's ability as a defensive midfielder just don't think he suits this system. I remember gana being at his best when we had Barry sat deep and Barkley willing to run with the ball. Now we don't have either of thoes types of players and gana's weakness are being brought to the forefront because he now has to do a bit of all three of those roles.
As bad as our passing is, we need both.

Status
Not open for further replies.