2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a premier league club without one striker that is up to standard. And you need three! I quite like DCL but he is a developing rotation/squad player, the idea we are relying on him shows how toothless we are.

We should sell all our players, all the U23's and youth teams as well
Seeing as they are all crap, I see nothing wrong with this. This may be the only period in the last 20 years when we haven't had some top youngster ready to break through. For starters, those already in the first team, Davies, DCL, Kenny, they can leave tomorrow for all I care. Awful footballers.

The thing is and in recent memory we had a similar shortage of strikers, Tim Cahill filled that breach with class, never scared to put his head in no matter what.

Why have we got nobody in the squad like that any more? It baffles me after the money we've squandered. What did Tim cost us? DCL is half the striker that Cahill was and he wasn't even a striker.

Desperately want this lad to do well, but feel when the opportunity arises, he falls short.

Thats not really fair on the lad though, for example, if he was at spurs, and he knew for the next couple of years tleast, his job was to be Kane's backup, i feel he would really excel.
He would get good service
He wouldnt have the presure of being the only centre forward at teh club with an ounce of ability
He would know his role at the club, instead of being in one week and out hte next if he dosent score a hat trick

Desperately want this lad to do well, but feel when the opportunity arises, he falls short.

Thats not really fair on the lad though, for example, if he was at spurs, and he knew for the next couple of years tleast, his job was to be Kane's backup, i feel he would really excel.
He would get good service
He wouldnt have the presure of being the only centre forward at teh club with an ounce of ability
He would know his role at the club, instead of being in one week and out hte next if he dosent score a hat trick

I think we would give him that time, if he would give it to us. Have a senior striker, tell him his job is back up or to play as a 2nd forward sometimes, and in 2 years we aim for him to be no.1

I do
22 is not that young, would he tear apart russian league like vlasic, what level would he be great, not good but great.. I'm not sure
I doubt he could tear apart a packet of crisps... certainly not his bird!
He is too nice, he doesnt want to offend the other team by tackling, heading or scoring!

The thing is and in recent memory we had a similar shortage of strikers, Tim Cahill filled that breach with class, never scared to put his head in no matter what.

Why have we got nobody in the squad like that any more? It baffles me after the money we've squandered. What did Tim cost us? DCL is half the striker that Cahill was and he wasn't even a striker.
Give Walcott a go down the middle or Richarlison again? Problem is we don't play long direct balls for a quick striker to run onto much of the time. We pass it around aimlessly instead.

I don’t mind the lad either , just such a pity he is a non league standard football player , and as of yet, we are not a non league club !
He actually has a decent all round game its just inconsistent. And the one area he is actually poor in is finishing, which is kind of a problem when that's your main job. But our system and tactics do none of our centre forwards a favour. And not one of them is up to standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.