Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much moshiri is willing to bank roll us again this summer. Realistically we need 5 new players/positions.

CB - £25m?
RB - Reece James? £15-20m?
CM - Gomes £25m?
RW - £30m? Lozano?
CF - £45m? Who knows? Gomez?

Definitely looking at spending £100-150m to get quality.

How much could we realistically recoup?

Vlasic - £15m
Henry - £15m
Lookman - £25m

We don’t have many others who we could easily sell to provide funds.

McCarthy - £10m?
Besic - £5m?
Bolassie - £5m?
Pennington - £3m?
Niasse - £7m?
Tosun - £13m?
Walcott £7m?

And we’ll hopefully shift a lot of wages with the above plus stekelenburg, jagielka, Williams, Baines?, Martina, garbutt, mirallas, Sandro, tarashaj.

Even if we managed to shift everyone mentioned above, moshiri will still be needed to fund a fair amount.

I wonder how much moshiri is willing to bank roll us again this summer. Realistically we need 5 new players/positions.

CB - £25m?
CM - Gomes £25m?
RW - £30m? Lozano?

Vlasic - £15m
Henry - £15m
Lookman - £25m

McCarthy - £10m?
Besic - £5m?
Bolassie - £5m?
Pennington - £3m?
Niasse - £7m?
Tosun - £13m?
Walcott £7m?

And we’ll hopefully shift a lot of wages with the above plus stekelenburg, jagielka, Williams, Baines?, Martina, garbutt, mirallas, Sandro, tarashaj.

Even if we managed to shift everyone mentioned above, moshiri will still be needed to fund a fair amount.
This would be a disaster. Around 30 million spent on 3 promising youngsters to get around 15 league starts combined and not even double the money back. Not really a sustainable model when you look at how much is being lost on some of our other purschases. Plus the actual team isn't being helped at all.

You’re just agreeing with me then, despite saying you’re not.

My point was just that if we sign him, we’ll be expecting him to play, not that we’ll definitely sign him. We don’t pay £35m for squad players, and players with his pedigree don’t move to mid table premier league teams when their stock as its highest in order to sit on the bench. Simple as that.
No, I'm not agreeing with you. We would ONLY buy him knowing that he's the finished product. And we wouldn't be paying 35M for a squad player, we'd be paying for potential as much as anything. We didn't pay what we did for Jerry Mina because he was going to slot into the side immediately and start. We were paying for potential as much as anything because he's still super raw.

I know it was, I’m talking about people’s reactions to it, like if it did somehow come to fruition the narrative being well he’s better than Tosun and Niasse , my point being is that doesn’t say much does it or the mindset.

You watch, if those stadium designs come out and some are disappointed they’ll be told “well it’s better than goodison” or like every year with a new kit “why are you bothered” “why are you arsed” “it’s just a kit” , well why are they so bothered to say that to someone in the first place.

Mentality is all wrong and I’d love a signing that would unite the majority of us in a good way to really get excited for next season.

no signing (nor stadium) will unite the fanbase
what unites the fanbase is a strong run of form, trophies or other tangible success, and sitting in an awesome stadium

CB - £25m?
CM - Gomes £25m?
RW - £30m? Lozano?

Vlasic - £15m
Henry - £15m
Lookman - £25m

McCarthy - £10m?
Besic - £5m?
Bolassie - £5m?
Pennington - £3m?
Niasse - £7m?
Tosun - £13m?
Walcott £7m?

If we only buy one CM, we are screwed, especially if it's Gomes.

This would be a disaster. Around 30 million spent on 3 promising youngsters to get around 15 league starts combined and not even double the money back. Not really a sustainable model when you look at how much is being lost on some of our other purschases. Plus the actual team isn't being helped at all.

None of the 3 have really contributed anything to us. Using the money to help fund someone like Lozano and a top striker would help the team immensely.

They’re 3 of our most saleable assets and we’ll need to bring some money in from sales if we’re going to get players who will actually contribute.

If we only buy one CM, we are screwed, especially if it's Gomes.
According to the royal blue podcast. Kirkbride who has said we ain’t interested in Mitrovic & Welbeck.
Said Brands & Silva are looking to buy 6 players.

So I would imagine a RB, CB, 2 x midfielders. A left footed wide player and a striker. Obviously things could change, if we don’t manage to get rid of all the deadwood or if one or two first teamers are sold

It's funny, I know Silva wants a left footed, right sided player, but it's no way a more pressing need than CM, CF, or CB assuming Zouma is gone.

According to the royal blue podcast. Kirkbride who has said we ain’t interested in Mitrovic & Welbeck.
Said Brands & Silva are looking to buy 6 players.

So I would imagine a RB, CB, 2 x midfielders. A left footed wide player and a striker. Obviously things could change, if we don’t manage to get rid of all the deadwood or if one or two first teamers are sold xx
That I think is spot on in terms of needs. I find it hilarious though that anyone seriously thought we'd be signing Welbeck.

That I think is spot on in terms of needs. I find it hilarious though that anyone seriously thought we'd be signing Welbeck.

I can see him utilising the free transfer/loan market though - purely due to how much top talent costs to buy outright from other teams.

He said it himself, so I think we know he'd like that at a minimum.

I don’t recall that but fair enough if he did. I do think it’s just best to wait and see though.

There’s a long way to go this window. We’ll get what we need. I’m sure of it. Most chilled I think I’ve ever been in a window.

Excited to see the names we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.