Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need a surprise signing, a bench mark signing to attract others to join and really take big steps forward. (Hell of a lot easier said than done tbf)

I was reading about welbeck and some of the reactions.. like saying he’s better than Tosun and Niasse, I mean come on is that what we aspire to be? Just to be better than them two? From what we’ve seen they are not going to be sorely missed are they.

It’s a bit deflating seeing players linked or discussed that give you the feeling they’ll just keep us existing rather than substantial improvements to be a threat to silverware or at least really take steps forward.

Apologies for the cynicism, just don’t want this current set up to be another flattering to deceive situation.

We need a surprise signing, a bench mark signing to attract others to join and really take big steps forward. (Hell of a lot easier said than done tbf)

I was reading about welbeck and some of the reactions.. like saying he’s better than Tosun and Niasse, I mean come on is that what we aspire to be? Just to be better than them two? From what we’ve seen they are not going to be sorely missed are they.

It’s a bit deflating seeing players linked or discussed that give you the feeling they’ll just keep us existing rather than substantial improvements to be a threat to silverware or at least really take steps forward.

Apologies for the cynicism, just don’t want this current set up to be another flattering to deceive situation.
But the Welbeck link was clearly a load of tosh and has since been confirmed as that.

We will sign someone pretty much out the blue that we haven’t been linked with at all just like last summer.

We signed Bernard who has a similar pedigree and it took Silva far too long to get him in there and push Walcott out. So I personally don't believe that. This isn't the Dutch league.
Totally different scenarios though.

I’m not saying neres would be ready to come in and be our best player immediately, I’m saying a player like him ain’t coming to a club like us to sit on the bench, when he could do that at much bigger clubs. And we’re not paying the fees and wages it takes to get a player like him without him being expected to make an instant impact.

But the Welbeck link was clearly a load of tosh and has since been confirmed as that.

We will sign someone pretty much out the blue that we haven’t been linked with at all just like last summer.

I know it was, I’m talking about people’s reactions to it, like if it did somehow come to fruition the narrative being well he’s better than Tosun and Niasse , my point being is that doesn’t say much does it or the mindset.

You watch, if those stadium designs come out and some are disappointed they’ll be told “well it’s better than goodison” or like every year with a new kit “why are you bothered” “why are you arsed” “it’s just a kit” , well why are they so bothered to say that to someone in the first place.

Mentality is all wrong and I’d love a signing that would unite the majority of us in a good way to really get excited for next season.

What site is that on?!

Interesting bit from RBM's write-up on it:

Interestingly, Cillessen is represented by SEG (Sports Entertainment Group) who are also the agents for a number of primarily Dutch or Holland-based players. Everton’s Director of Football Marcel Brands has previous experience with dealing with SEG, and some of the top players they cover have been linked with the Blues before - Memphis Depay, Stefan de Vrij, Kasper Dolberg, and Kevin Strootman. So are these rumours about contact between Everton and SEG really about Cillessen, or one of the other players?

Ci

Interesting bit from RBM's write-up on it:

Interestingly, Cillessen is represented by SEG (Sports Entertainment Group) who are also the agents for a number of primarily Dutch or Holland-based players. Everton’s Director of Football Marcel Brands has previous experience with dealing with SEG, and some of the top players they cover have been linked with the Blues before - Memphis Depay, Stefan de Vrij, Kasper Dolberg, and Kevin Strootman. So are these rumours about contact between Everton and SEG really about Cillessen, or one of the other players?

I really really don’t rate Cillessen at all so hoping it’s a lie.

It is SportsWitness so probably is.

Totally different scenarios though.

I’m not saying neres would be ready to come in and be our best player immediately, I’m saying a player like him ain’t coming to a club like us to sit on the bench, when he could do that at much bigger clubs. And we’re not paying the fees and wages it takes to get a player like him without him being expected to make an instant impact.
They are different scenarios because Bernard is more mature and we weren't paying a premium in his case for "potential". I really like Neres, but he's not worth 35M because he's ready to start in the PL. It's potential. So to me, he IS coming to Everton to play significant minutes, maybe not start, or he's not coming at all, which is probably the case.

They are different scenarios because Bernard is more mature and we weren't paying a premium in his case for "potential". I really like Neres, but he's not worth 35M because he's ready to start in the PL. It's potential. So to me, he IS coming to Everton to play significant minutes, maybe not start, or he's not coming at all, which is probably the case.
You’re just agreeing with me then, despite saying you’re not.

My point was just that if we sign him, we’ll be expecting him to play, not that we’ll definitely sign him. We don’t pay £35m for squad players, and players with his pedigree don’t move to mid table premier league teams when their stock as its highest in order to sit on the bench. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.