Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worries me that people want Bernard out of the starting 11. He’s by far our most exciting, creative player and got better and better as the season went on. I would rather see him in the team ahead of Richarlison - doesn’t throw himself around and can has genuine class. Controversial I know, especially with the goals Richarlison scored.

Worries me that people want Bernard out of the starting 11. He’s by far our most exciting, creative player and got better and better as the season went on. I would rather see him in the team ahead of Richarlison - doesn’t throw himself around and can has genuine class. Controversial I know, especially with the goals Richarlison scored.

People who want him out of the team are people that have no idea about footie.

I think some think we only need a starting 11 and not a number of options on the bench or to swap in and out through the season.
Ideally 2 quality players per position and a couple of extras.

I was trying to work out what this post is about. Then I realised I think it’s just casual racism.

Well if we are doing a spot of post post-analysis, then I have tried a bit of play on words innuendo comedy in the opening paragraph with a combination of player surnames - one who currently plays for us and one who doesn't. Then I have gone on to suggest two players who I think are realistic targets.

Clearly a rubbish post from me then as I have 1: had to explain it and 2: I have been accused of casual racism (WTF??!)

Think I'll stick to watching everyone throw around completely unrealistic names and sums of money and await the fume when we go into next season with DCL as our number one striker..

I don't think we will have much money left if we sign Gomes and Zouma to be honest. Reckon we will alternate DCL and Richarlison up top and use Vlasic and Onyekuru out wide. Just my (boring, but realistic) opinion.

Let's be honest, relatively speaking if we didn't already own Onyekuru and Vlasic, they would be the sort of players we would be looking at given their successful domestic and champions league performances this season. Why would Malcolm be any better?

Well if we are doing a spot of post post-analysis, then I have tried a bit of play on words innuendo comedy in the opening paragraph with a combination of player surnames - one who currently plays for us and one who doesn't. Then I have gone on to suggest two players who I think are realistic targets.

Clearly a rubbish post from me then as I have 1: had to explain it and 2: I have been accused of casual racism (WTF??!)

Think I'll stick to watching everyone throw around completely unrealistic names and sums of money and await the fume when we go into next season with DCL as our number one striker..

I don't think we will have much money left if we sign Gomes and Zouma to be honest. Reckon we will alternate DCL and Richarlison up top and use Vlasic and Onyekuru out wide. Just my (boring, but realistic) opinion.

Let's be honest, relatively speaking if we didn't already own Onyekuru and Vlasic, they would be the sort of players we would be looking at given their successful domestic and champions league performances this season. Why would Malcolm be any better?
I think both Vlasic & Onyekuru want to leave. Also Brands wants 6 players, so I doubt after signing Gomes & Zouma we would be left with cheap players and free’s or even loans.

I don’t think the money fir buying players is a big issue, obviously we aren’t going to buy 6 players at 50mil each. But it’s the wages we need to get down,

People who want him out of the team are people that have no idea about footie.

Looking back through the Bernard thread, there's a few people who spoke out against his abilities early on, so now it strikes me that they're kind of doubling down on those comments so that they don't have to be "wrong" about him

Good timing! Reports today that he has asked to leave as he feels Messi has pressured the manager to play Sergi Roberto at RB instead of him...

€30mil valuation...

That would be quite a coup.

That would be hilarious

Semedo -- Umtiti -- Mina -- Digne

Barca defence...

If Brands managed that then what a step forward in 2 summers...

I think both Vlasic & Onyekuru want to leave. Also Brands wants 6 players, so I doubt after signing Gomes & Zouma we would be left with cheap players and free’s or even loans.

I don’t think the money fir buying players is a big issue, obviously we aren’t going to buy 6 players at 50mil each. But it’s the wages we need to get down,

Vlasic / Onyekuru / Lookman

= £60mil approx

Gomes + Zouma

= £60mil approx

Effectively swapping 2 loanees + 1 player who rarely got a game for 2 starters.

I think some think we only need a starting 11 and not a number of options on the bench or to swap in and out through the season.
Ideally 2 quality players per position and a couple of extras.

I’ve posted before but both city and Liverpool relied on the same 18-19 players all season and they’ve had champions league and plenty of cup games on top. Wolves finished 7th and picked the same 11 most weeks and probably relied on 15-17 players.

Bernards improvement basically improved the whole team, especially the retention of the ball in attacking areas - one of the first names on the team sheet for me.
Bernard is a great player, the only issue fir me is he doesn’t score goals very similar to pienaar in that respect. And even though he’s now had a season in the prem you still wouldn’t back him to get 5 next season. Add DCL scoring 6 and there is our problem.

If one of your front 3 doesn’t score it puts so much pressure on the other 2. We seen so many games last season that we dominated in spells, Arsenal away is one, for an hour and missed chances.

I think he would suit playing in the 10 role. He wouldn’t score as many as Siggurdsson but he would create a lot more. And would graft just as hard. To break the top 6/4 if we aren’t going to score as many as the other top teams, we will be relaying on winning 1-0 on a regular basis, which is very difficult to keep doing.

We need a front 3 that will score 50 to 60 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.