Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you Stellar window involves signing a player you’re not sure of and another you probably wouldn’t buy ? :)

The prices for outgoing players seem so low, I mean I think they may be accurate only time will tell but you very rarely see prem players going for 5m I can’t actually think of any over the last 2-3 seasons.
Yeah, I was trying to be realistic on outgoings, but its probably not realistic to have that many out and in in total.

This isn't me saying we're a better prospect than United to go to because they're still one of the biggest clubs in the but I find it hard to see why any player would want to go there next year unless there was silly money involved or else they were a United fan.

Who'd want to play for a club where the fans expect you to be challenging for the league despite being miles off the top 2 teams? Also with a manager who's achieved absolutely nothing as a manager and a squad full of average players with the best ones looking for moves away.

If it was only Everton and United in for Rabiot (which I doubt) I wouldn't dismiss our chances at all. He'd come to us and be the main man, massive wages and virtually undroppable. Also a decent French influence in the squad already and it'd give him the ability to rebuild his reputation somewhat without the pressure of needing to be consistently great seeing as at PSG there are other players just as good and better than him so his place was always under threat.

I don't think he'll end up with us and it's more than likely the agent throwing around names to put pressure on but for him it's an ideal move. If he went to United and finished 6th which is what I think is the absolute maximum they can finish he'd be branded an expensive flop for wages but if he finished top 6 with Everton it'd be spun that he "lead us to Europe" regardless of it being true or not.

He'd be a fantastic signing and for a player of his quality the fees and wages are always gonna be massive but if there was a transfer fee involved you'd pay a lot more over time. If the likes of Sandro, Bolasie and McCarthy's wages went towards Rabiot then at the very least the wage budget has remained the same despite adding a massive bit of quality to the squad. Absolute no brainer for me, then again he's 99.99% not signing. There's always that .01% chance though!

Since everyone has shown to be such a fan of me this thread...

...here's what I think would be a stellar window:

Sell: Schneiderlin (10M), Walcott (10M), Bolasie (5M), Niasse (5M), Mirallas (1M), Tosun (15M), Onyenkuru (27M), Tarashaj (free), McCarthy (5M), Besic (2.5M), Dowell (loan again), Vlasic (18M), Garbutt (free), Martina (free), JonJoe Kenny (loan), Beni (loan);
TOTAL: $98.5M fees, 732K a week in salary

Buy for Now: Ibrahim Sangare (25M), Santiago Sosa (15M), Andre Gomes (20M), Josh Brenet (10M), Hirving Lozano (32M), Diego Llorente (25M), Willian Jose (35M), spend $15M on some younger players for the first team (I will spare you silly names that like 5 of you might know).
TOTAL: 179M fees, 515K a week in salary

NET SPEND: 80.5M, SALARY DIFFERENCE: -217K a week.

It won't push us into the top 4 I don't think, but it addresses a lot of our issues. I'm not sure on Llorente and probably wouldn't personally buy Gomes, but they seemed realistic.

I heart you @CRIMHEAD, haterz gonna hate. xx

Since everyone has shown to be such a fan of me this thread...

...here's what I think would be a stellar window:

Sell: Schneiderlin (10M), Walcott (10M), Bolasie (5M), Niasse (5M), Mirallas (1M), Tosun (15M), Onyenkuru (27M), Tarashaj (free), McCarthy (5M), Besic (2.5M), Dowell (loan again), Vlasic (18M), Garbutt (free), Martina (free), JonJoe Kenny (loan), Beni (loan);
TOTAL: $98.5M fees, 732K a week in salary

Buy for Now: Ibrahim Sangare (25M), Santiago Sosa (15M), Andre Gomes (20M), Josh Brenet (10M), Hirving Lozano (32M), Diego Llorente (25M), Willian Jose (35M), spend $15M on some younger players for the first team (I will spare you silly names that like 5 of you might know).
TOTAL: 179M fees, 515K a week in salary

NET SPEND: 80.5M, SALARY DIFFERENCE: -217K a week.

It won't push us into the top 4 I don't think, but it addresses a lot of our issues. I'm not sure on Llorente and probably wouldn't personally buy Gomes, but they seemed realistic.

Willian Jose?

Absolute pony that lad

Don't understand fans saying we wouldn't have a hope of Rabiot or under. You were saying the same last season about digne and Bernard (he's going to have much better teams after him than us if he's on a free). Word for word what I read about Rabiot. Did you say Leicester would never get tielmens or wolves would never get moutinho / dendonker, Fulham would never get serri etc. Or is it just an Everton thing?

Thing is with Gomes is that he is already settled - I'd say that makes him a better bet than most - what's the point in paying huge sums for guys that may take a year to settle ?

Same with Bernard - you know that now you'll get a decent performance out of him Vs somebody that might look good where they are, but struggle in the PL.

Agreeing with the continuity calls.

Still, let's buy early so that whoever has time to settle.

Thing is with Gomes is that he is already settled - I'd say that makes him a better bet than most - what's the point in paying huge sums for guys that may take a year to settle ?

Same with Bernard - you know that now you'll get a decent performance out of him Vs somebody that might look good where they are, but struggle in the PL.

Agreeing with the continuity calls.

Still, let's buy early so that whoever has time to settle.

....we can only buy when international transfer windows open. I think Spain opens at the beginning of July.

Thats false. We can buy, we just cant register them.

...possibly, but I wouldn’t be keen on paying big bucks for a player until he can be registered. I dare say negotiations etc have been going on for a while and perhaps a fee agreed, but contracts signed, announcements made and monies exchanged might only come with registration.

...possibly, but I wouldn’t be keen on paying big bucks for a player until he can be registered. I dare say negotiations etc have been going on for a while and perhaps a fee agreed, but contracts signed, announcements made and monies exchanged might only come with registration.

Why ?

Shouldnt make any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.