Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s obviously a talented player but seems like a total tit. His ma is his mouthpiece, fallen out with Tuchel, the board and the fans. I’ll double down my bet he won’t be here, plus he’ll bring baggage which doesn’t seem to fit into what we have going

Reminds me of that max meyer ( not the type of player he is more the personality) and thinks he’s world class and wants massive wages. Meyer went to palace and I havnt exactky heard that he’s ripping up trees there.

Exactly.

Im really not sure whats hard to comprehend here.

United have offered him a £170k weekly salary + £5mil upfront signing bonus.

If Everton offer him £120k a week salary + £20mil staggered over 5 years its a superior offer and keeps the wages lower.

For the first 4 years our offer would be £5mil superior.

You could literally keep the player for 4 years and sell at £45mil and in profit.

Great deal for both the player and the club.

You reckon we’d be selling him for 65m with a year left on his contract?

Since everyone has shown to be such a fan of me this thread...

...here's what I think would be a stellar window:

Sell: Schneiderlin (10M), Walcott (10M), Bolasie (5M), Niasse (5M), Mirallas (1M), Tosun (15M), Onyenkuru (27M), Tarashaj (free), McCarthy (5M), Besic (2.5M), Dowell (loan again), Vlasic (18M), Garbutt (free), Martina (free), JonJoe Kenny (loan), Beni (loan);
TOTAL: $98.5M fees, 732K a week in salary

Buy for Now: Ibrahim Sangare (25M), Santiago Sosa (15M), Andre Gomes (20M), Josh Brenet (10M), Hirving Lozano (32M), Diego Llorente (25M), Willian Jose (35M), spend $15M on some younger players for the first team (I will spare you silly names that like 5 of you might know).
TOTAL: 179M fees, 515K a week in salary

NET SPEND: 80.5M, SALARY DIFFERENCE: -217K a week.

It won't push us into the top 4 I don't think, but it addresses a lot of our issues. I'm not sure on Llorente and probably wouldn't personally buy Gomes, but they seemed realistic.

Sell: Schneiderlin (10M), Walcott (10M), Bolasie (5M), Niasse (5M), Mirallas (1M), Tosun (15M), Onyenkuru (27M), Tarashaj (free), McCarthy (5M), Besic (2.5M), Dowell (loan again), Vlasic (18M), Garbutt (free), Martina (free), JonJoe Kenny (loan), Beni (loan);

Buy for Now: Ibrahim Sangare (25M), Santiago Sosa (15M), Andre Gomes (20M), Josh Brenet (10M), Hirving Lozano (32M), Diego Llorente (25M), Willian Jose (35M), spend $15M on some younger players for the first team (I will spare you silly names that like 5 of you might know).

It won't push us into the top 4 I don't think, but it addresses a lot of our issues. I'm not sure on Llorente and probably wouldn't personally buy Gomes, but they seemed realistic.
I like a majority of those moves in a vacuum but doing that in one window feels like a lot of disruption that will have a negative effect. We need to have some level of continuity from year to year. This would risk having a Koeman second season.

I like a majority of those moves in a vacuum but doing that in one window feels like a lot of disruption that will have a negative effect. We need to have some level of continuity from year to year. This would risk having a Koeman second season.

Yeah, can’t see this type of whole sale change being the plan. I think they’ll try for Zouma and Gomes then maybe look to add 2 or 3 on top of that. Perhaps striker, midfielder, and right back depending on which loan players return.

If we can get Digne/Richarlison levels of quality for the 2 or 3 that come in then we’d be pushing top 6 for me. No reason we can’t give United a run or Hazard less Chelsea.

Maybe. Obviously I was just looking for a distraction from the other stupid part of the thread, so it's nothing to take too seriously.

That being said, how many starters are there in that group?

Lozano and Jose being incorporated would be disruptive, no question. Sangare could be eased in with Gomes starting for a bit. Brenet is a backup first year, spot starter. Llorente will likely sit initially behind Mina. So yes, the attack will take a bit of time, but we could start with DCL and Richy on the right, Bernard on the left, unless we can get those guys in early.

Maybe. Obviously I was just looking for a distraction from the other stupid part of the thread, so it's nothing to take too seriously.

That being said, how many starters are there in that group?

Lozano and Jose being incorporated would be disruptive, no question. Sangare could be eased in with Gomes starting for a bit. Brenet is a backup first year, spot starter. Llorente will likely sit initially behind Mina. So yes, the attack will take a bit of time, but we could start with DCL and Richy on the right, Bernard on the left, unless we can get those guys in early.
Regardless of how many start right away bringing in 10 new players that have to become part of the system, the culture, move countries and all the rest is a lot and can throw the whole thing out of whack.

So you Stellar window involves signing a player you’re not sure of and another you probably wouldn’t buy ? :)

The prices for outgoing players seem so low, I mean I think they may be accurate only time will tell but you very rarely see prem players going for 5m I can’t actually think of any over the last 2-3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.