New Everton Stadium Discussion

There has to be realism. The realsitic option for Everton would have been to carry on the redevelopment started under Johnson. That divvy started the move bandwagon and it hasn't stopped rolling.

I tell you this though: if/when BMD goes west like all the others, after the disappointment has abated there will be a massive surge to rebuild Goodison. Those old Ward-MvHigh blueprints will be getting the cobwebs blown off them and the KEIOC redevelopment plan will get another airing.

This is the last new-build proposal this board will bring to the table ever. One last shot at it.
Out of interest mate do you think the new Park End is indicative that the redevelopment of GP was in safe hands? Or would you be in favour of restarting the job as per the plans you mention?

Yeah they deserve credit for that, always one blert willing to break NDA to feel important.
Never know the designs could be the ones we’ve seen already

Guess we’ll find out in a couple of days time and I’m for one excited to see what Dan has come up with
???????????

We've seen them a while back???

I'm not convinced the images we've seen are going to be the final design in any shape or form. The internal shape maybe close to it but when it's all shown off properly it'll look completely different.

It annoyed me how he literally disappeared one evening as he didn't want to dedicate time to this site yet setup all and sundry elsewhere. Despite using this site to build his profile up.

Lad he lied about many things I called him out on, completely gas lighted and removed posts.

Complete fraud, and his current views on Everton finances are toxic, trying to get some sort of revolt against Moshiri when our financial dealings are no different to any other club.

Lad he lied about many things I called him out on, completely gas lighted and removed posts.

Complete fraud, and his current views on Everton finances are toxic, trying to get some sort of revolt against Moshiri when our financial dealings are no different to any other club.

Moshiri probably denied him an interview.

Out of interest mate do you think the new Park End is indicative that the redevelopment of GP was in safe hands? Or would you be in favour of restarting the job as per the plans you mention?

The Park End stand was always meant to be short term. It would never survive a proper redevelopment.

The club will always take the view that GP cant be redeveloped. It's a plain lie and the numbers that Elstone gave for it being prohibitive looked dodgy.

I'm not advocating one over the other, btw. I'm merely stating that if BMD goes west then it'll be impossible to fly another new stadium scheme. That notion will be dead and buried.

Your going to rip these images to shreds when they come out, your minds already set on this.

A club that hasnt been relegated for over 60 years and now gets around 100m per year revenue from being in the top flight of english football, i would say we are a safe bet for investors.
A new ground creates more revenue, better sponsorship and kit deals may follow on the back of it.
If the Silva/Brands combo can get it right then the future is rosy..
The club is already in a lot of debt and £600M piled on top does NOT make Everton a safe bet for institutional lenders.

The Park End stand was always meant to be short term. It would never survive a proper redevelopment.

The club will always take the view that GP cant be redeveloped. It's a plain lie and the numbers that Elstone gave for it being prohibitive looked dodgy.

I'm not advocating one over the other, btw. I'm merely stating that if BMD goes west then it'll be impossible to fly another new stadium scheme. That notion will be dead and buried.
As has been stated numerous times over the years, without CPOs and demolishing the school we cannot redevelop/expand Goodison.

Not a big fan of destroying neighbourhoods for a few extra quid.

Do keep up David

We appear to be nearly there, but this is Everton, and 'if you know your history'.

:coffee:
I've been lucky enough to support this club for more than 40 years BUT one thing I have learned is never, repeat never, get your hopes up, although I do think this project will go ahead........eventually.

A club with revenue of 150m a year could get a loan for any amount it desired.

You think we are some corner shop asking for money to refit a roof.
The same club which underlined that it's "challenging" to get that loan?

That revenue is almost ENTIRELY dependent on tv rights. The institutional lenders have to project decades into the future and wonder whether the broadcasting revenue might not be as bountiful; as it is right now. They wont like that.

We dont generate enough revenue organically. We are not a commercial player.