2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
See we're going down the route of claiming people aren't real fans if they don't rate a particular player again. Classy.

When we were going through the rough patch after the derby, a certain poster, was proclaiming that you weren`t a real Everton fan if you didn`t want Silva sacked lol

Makes you wonder what goes on in some peoples every day lives !

Nearly all young strikers aren't prolific goal scorers. Messi scored one goal in his first seven La Liga games and Alan Shearer scored 10 top flight goals (equivalent: premier league) from 77 games.

We have to allow DCL the time and space to develop into a top flight striker. I'm sure the negative forum members would slaughter the likes of Messi and Shearer if they had started their career with Everton.

Kean has been at Juventus playing in the CL and also Italy's national team if I'm not mistaken.
Yes I agree with you. That was my point, that we can't really claim that playing for us at 20 'had to take its toll' but playing in the Champions League and for your national team at 19 is fine. It's an excuse, basically.

Kean's 3 years younger than him though? So if we ruined Calvert Lewin by putting pressure on him too early, why do you want to do the same to Kean?

I never said anything about doing the same to Kean as we did to DCL but feel free to just make things up for a bit of drama.

Kean is younger but has been playing for a big club in higher profile games and looks to have far more ability across the board than DCL and of course the situation very obviously needs to be managed carefully and properly regarding his introduction which is exactly what Silva is doing. It will be gradual and inevitable.

I never said anything about doing the same to Kean as we did to DCL but feel free to just make things up for a bit of drama.

Kean is younger but has been playing for a big club in higher profile games and looks to have far more ability across the board than DCL and of course the situation very obviously needs to be managed carefully and properly regarding his introduction which is exactly what Silva is doing. It will be gradual and inevitable.
I haven't made anything up! You said once Kean is fit we can play him and take the pressure off Calvert Lewin. By definition the pressure will then be on Kean. I was asking a serious question as to why you think Kean would be better equipped to handle the pressure than Calvert Lewin when he's younger than him.

What I was getting at is that I don't think it's anything to do with us putting pressure on him. He's played 79 Premier League games at 22, that's really not out of keeping with what you'd expect. Rashford is 6 months younger and has played 113, Demarai Gray is 6 months older and has played 111. There's an argument that he's played too much because of his level of ability, but not his age.

I haven't made anything up! You said once Kean is fit we can play him and take the pressure off Calvert Lewin. By definition the pressure will then be on Kean. I was asking a serious question as to why you think Kean would be better equipped to handle the pressure than Calvert Lewin when he's younger than him.

What I was getting at is that I don't think it's anything to do with us putting pressure on him. He's played 79 Premier League games at 22, that's really not out of keeping with what you'd expect. Rashford is 6 months younger and has played 113, Demarai Gray is 6 months older and has played 111. There's an argument that he's played too much because of his level of ability, but not his age.

Nah you were just being a tit and knew exactly what i meant.

When we were going through the rough patch after the derby, a certain poster, was proclaiming that you weren`t a real Everton fan if you didn`t want Silva sacked lol

Makes you wonder what goes on in some peoples every day lives !

Sounds a pretty wild character this unnamed chap :Blink:

Nah you were just being a tit and knew exactly what i meant.
Well yeah, I am a tit, and I think I did know exactly what you meant. That's why I asked you a question about it. A question you appear to have taken great offence to for no apparent reason, and are evidently incapable of answering.

Just to try and hammer this home because i'm not sure you really understand what's going on. I don't understand the logic behind saying us playing Calvert Lewin aged 20 was bad because 'that sort of pressure for someone so young had to take it's toll' but the same thing wouldn't apply to someone younger than him. Either pressure on young players inevitably takes a toll or it doesn't. You can't pick and choose who it applies to in order to further your chosen argument.

I think Calvert Lewin is a decent player who does a good job for us at times. I also think he is lacking some of the attributes needed to be a top class striker. I do not think we have overused him or asked too much of his based on his age. I do think we have asked a bit too much of him based on his ability levels, but the same could be said about 90% of the players we've had in my time supporting the club.

It really is a shame that people are labelling DCL a fraud and the like. He is a good guy with the right attitude and work ethic, and even though he's not a goal machine he is getting valuable experience and putting a decent shift in, in a team that is generally struggling for goals. He is still really young and we're still allowed to, hell we should even feel obliged to, feel hopeful about his future and development.

Unfortunately I think a lot of that comes down to him. He´s the crux of the attack.

Nearly all young strikers aren't prolific goal scorers. Messi scored one goal in his first seven La Liga games and Alan Shearer scored 10 top flight goals (equivalent: premier league) from 77 games.

We have to allow DCL the time and space to develop into a top flight striker. I'm sure the negative forum members would slaughter the likes of Messi and Shearer if they had started their career with Everton.

hahahahahahhahaa love it in here me

shearer was 17 when he made his debut

by the time shearer was DCL's age he was smashing goals in for fun for Blackburn who won the league

by the time messi was DCL's age he was scoring 40 a season for one of the best teams the world has ever seen

Unfortunately I think a lot of that comes down to him. He´s the crux of the attack.

Arguably, sure - and he has missed a chance or two but his hold up play is good enough for outballs and he is not exactly the focal point otherwise. Last weekend Richarlison was the one missing all the chances. Moise put himself in better positions in his short spell, though, so i guess there is a case to be made for DCL's ability to get those chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.