2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he had the audacity to ask for the number 9 shirt, based on his (lack of) ability and (embarrassing) goal record... our famous number 9 shirt that has been soiled and abused beyond belief. Kone, Sandro and now this clown!

I would say we don't loan him to the championship, he wont score more than 8 in a full season down there... and then we are stuck with him.

I highly rate both Silva and Brands, however I am starting to doubt them when they both seem to have faith in someone who a) is League One standard and b) has (low-level) championship potential - at a push.

Tosun needs to start. Ok he doesn't fit Silva's system, but he shoehorns Glyfi into it every week.

All our current problems start with DCL... ALL of them.

- Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Gomes all look for alternatives when the option is to play the ball to feet to DCL. This myth that he can hold the ball up is ridiculous.
- As above but with through balls - they all know they are handing the ball back to the opposition - hence why we pass sideways constantly.
- As above but the other reason is that stephen hawking had better movement.
- the only skill DCL is competent in, is finding space... finding space where the play and game can pass him by without him having to get involved. Phil Neville was the master of this. When the chips are down, you can be certain Phil and DCL will hide.
- This is why Sigurdsson plays as a striker - because we have no-one else as little Bambi is away grazing somewhere.
- he is the biggest p*ssy I have ever seen in royal blue, and I have seen Simon Davies, Nyarko and Barlow. We are losing and he sh*ts outta that 50-50; makes me sick.
- he has zero finishing and composure. I am sure someone could make a collage of his misses.
- he isnt a good lad, another myth. He is a few good performances off becoming our Jesse Lingaard and humiliating us and himself on insta.

I have another 30 reasons but it's a bank holiday monday morning and i'm in work - I'll blame DCL on that as well soon lol
No one was bothered about 6 goal a season career average Duncan Ferguson wearing number 9.
Fact is, dlc is an adequate back up striker for our team at this stage of his development. Time will tell if can kick in. The transfer performance has meant that we have him as a first choice striker at the moment. I’m not sure he is the best choice but there are not others in the squad that are 100% certain to perform better as number 9.
Hopefully in a couple of months Kean will take over. At 19 though it’s a big ask to lead the line effectively.

I can't be bothered reading all the posts, but are you talking about lewin missing from 6 yards out on Friday mate.

Morgan lovely pass to Seamus who then crossed for Dominic who fired and had his shot blocked, some say off the line, little stretch in my opinion, I digress. It was not a miss, hitting the post is a miss.

Morgan lovely pass to Seamus who then crossed for Dominic who fired and had his shot blocked, some say off the line, little stretch in my opinion, I digress. It was not a miss, hitting the post is a miss.
If you think that would of been a goal of the season contender you are not watching too many football matches.

Tosun is only useful when we create chances for strikers in the box. We don't.

Agree, but why don't we? Digne and Bernard on the left and Coleman and Richarlison should be able provide crosses, even Sigurdsson could offer crosses from deep/inside ala Kevin de Bruyne.

If you think that would of been a goal of the season contender you are not watching too many football matches.

Nooo.

If he had managed to put in the top corner for it to be been a goal, which he would have needed too in my opinion. The way and speed he was going to receive the pass for the shot power was the only option...

That Villa defence was well switched on Friday, not surprising given there outings upto Friday, bet they were having nightmares about John Terry...

Nooo.

If he had managed to put in the top corner for it to be been a goal, which he would have needed too in my opinion. The way and speed he was going to receive the pass for the shot power was the only option...

That Villa defence was well switched on Friday, not surprising given there outings upto Friday, bet they were having nightmares about John Terry...
Mate it was food and drink to a half arsed striker

I think this was always going to be a crunch season for DCL I hoped and thought he was more Sharpe than Brett Angel but the pendulum is now heading between Wilkinson and Angel. He needs to buck up or it will be QPR for him before too long.

If he starts the next game, we need to see more. I'd hoped this would be a good season for him but currently he's costing us, he's not the only one either but he has been poor. I'm disappointed in his start, bench time before he loses all confidence.

If he starts the next game, we need to see more. I'd hoped this would be a good season for him but currently he's costing us, he's not the only one either but he has been poor. I'm disappointed in his start, bench time before he loses all confidence.
Has to start against Lincoln. If he doesn't perform, it is the end for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.