2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so bothered about what number someone wears? Bit childish really.

Because he had the audacity to ask for the number 9 shirt, based on his (lack of) ability and (embarrassing) goal record... our famous number 9 shirt that has been soiled and abused beyond belief. Kone, Sandro and now this clown!

I would say we don't loan him to the championship, he wont score more than 8 in a full season down there... and then we are stuck with him.

I highly rate both Silva and Brands, however I am starting to doubt them when they both seem to have faith in someone who a) is League One standard and b) has (low-level) championship potential - at a push.

Tosun needs to start. Ok he doesn't fit Silva's system, but he shoehorns Glyfi into it every week.

All our current problems start with DCL... ALL of them.

- Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Gomes all look for alternatives when the option is to play the ball to feet to DCL. This myth that he can hold the ball up is ridiculous.
- As above but with through balls - they all know they are handing the ball back to the opposition - hence why we pass sideways constantly.
- As above but the other reason is that stephen hawking had better movement.
- the only skill DCL is competent in, is finding space... finding space where the play and game can pass him by without him having to get involved. Phil Neville was the master of this. When the chips are down, you can be certain Phil and DCL will hide.
- This is why Sigurdsson plays as a striker - because we have no-one else as little Bambi is away grazing somewhere.
- he is the biggest p*ssy I have ever seen in royal blue, and I have seen Simon Davies, Nyarko and Barlow. We are losing and he sh*ts outta that 50-50; makes me sick.
- he has zero finishing and composure. I am sure someone could make a collage of his misses.
- he isnt a good lad, another myth. He is a few good performances off becoming our Jesse Lingaard and humiliating us and himself on insta.

I have another 30 reasons but it's a bank holiday monday morning and i'm in work - I'll blame DCL on that as well soon lol

Because he had the audacity to ask for the number 9 shirt, based on his (lack of) ability and (embarrassing) goal record... our famous number 9 shirt that has been soiled and abused beyond belief. Kone, Sandro and now this clown!

I would say we don't loan him to the championship, he wont score more than 8 in a full season down there... and then we are stuck with him.

I highly rate both Silva and Brands, however I am starting to doubt them when they both seem to have faith in someone who a) is League One standard and b) has (low-level) championship potential - at a push.

Tosun needs to start. Ok he doesn't fit Silva's system, but he shoehorns Glyfi into it every week.

- Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Gomes all look for alternatives when the option is to play the ball to feet to DCL. This myth that he can hold the ball up is ridiculous.
- As above but with through balls - they all know they are handing the ball back to the opposition - hence why we pass sideways constantly.
- the only skill DCL is competent in, is finding space... finding space where the play and game can pass him by without him having to get involved. Phil Neville was the master of this. When the chips are down, you can be certain Phil and DCL will hide.
- This is why Sigurdsson plays as a striker - because we have no-one else as little Bambi is away grazing somewhere.
- he is the biggest p*ssy I have ever seen in royal blue, and I have seen Simon Davies, Nyarko and Barlow. We are losing and he sh*ts outta that 50-50; makes me sick.
- he has zero finishing and composure. I am sure someone could make a collage of his misses.
- he isnt a good lad, another myth. He is a few good performances off becoming our Jesse Lingaard and humiliating us and himself on insta.

I have another 30 reasons but it's a bank holiday monday morning and i'm in work - I'll blame DCL on that as well soon lol

And is shoehorning Gylfi into his system currently working? I stopped reading after this sentence sorry.

So why would you shoehorn in Tosun whom you admit also doesn't fit the system...

Because he need to change the system if we dont have players to play it. Tosun will score if we play to his strengths.

Need to change the system anyway, as Gbamin is out for 3 months and I can't cope with Schneiderlin playing the Gueye roll for that long!

...not sure what the pre-occupation with DCL and the Championship is. I guarantee if we were open to offers, there would be interest from Premiership clubs.

Whilst I agree he offers little or no attacking threat, and we need strikers who offer threat, he’s a useful squad option to have. I’m sure Brands/Silva know that. Players like DCL will help Silva manage certain situations in games, but he needs to become more of a threat to be an effective striker.

Because he need to change the system if we dont have players to play it. Tosun will score if we play to his strengths.

Need to change the system anyway, as Gbamin is out for 3 months and I can't cope with Schneiderlin playing the Gueye roll for that long!

Tosun is only useful when we create chances for strikers in the box. We don't.

It was not a miss it was on target and our only shot on target and a well blocked shot on target... Maybe he should have placed the shot on target, however, that would have been some half volley to do that, certainly goal of the month if not a contender for the season.
I can't be bothered reading all the posts, but are you talking about lewin missing from 6 yards out on Friday mate.

I think the pressure isn't helping him. His goal return from the bench was decent last season but when he began starting games as first choice his goals dried up.

Kean has to start the next couple of games just to give DCL some relief if nothing else. If we didn't buy Kean to start him then we should've signed another CF too.

Status
Not open for further replies.