2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll start against Lincoln, he’ll get a hat - trick, some people on here will say “I told you so”

Not for me, As a poster who has defended him, I said earlier when he asked for the number 9, the training wheels are off, can't have a striker not scoring especially when he's not even being a nuisance for others.He's not the only one though but when he's missing open nets, I can't defend the lad.

Morgan lovely pass to Seamus who then crossed for Dominic who fired and had his shot blocked, some say off the line, little stretch in my opinion, I digress. It was not a miss, hitting the post is a miss.
He should have scored no doubt about it,and it could have changed the game, up front on his own for most of the game, he won and kept hold the ball quite a few times, then had to wait for his team mates to come and help him out, when Iowbi and Kean came on he did a lot better, by the way hitting the post is still a miss.

Not for me, As a poster who has defended him, I said earlier when he asked for the number 9, the training wheels are off, can't have a striker not scoring especially when he's not even being a nuisance for others.He's not the only one though but when he's missing open nets, I can't defend the lad.

The thing is I want him to do well because it means the team does well (and that is all what matters at the end of the day) Now I know he’s still a young lad, but his time as a starter for us should end now.

The thing is I want him to do well because it means the team does well. Now I know he’s still a young lad, but his time as a starter for us should end now.

I agree, just to take him out of the firing line if nothing else but then what, people get on Keans back because he's not bagging braces and hat tricks every game. I think we have boobed up recruitment up front as well.

I agree, just to take him out of the firing line if nothing else but then what, people get on Keans back because he's not bagging braces and hat tricks every game. I think we have boobed up recruitment up front as well.

I genuinely believe Kean will get a lot of leeway from the majority of our fans mate, and there is always going to be the odd few bellends who’ll be on his case from the off.

I genuinely believe Kean will get a lot of leeway from the majority of our fans mate, and there is always going to be the odd few bellends who’ll be on his case from the off.

And rightly so, he's only 19 and coming to a new culture, weather, food, family,friends it may take a season or so for him to find his feet that's my worry and we've nowt else; that's why I was hoping DCL would find his shooting boots.

And rightly so, he's only 19 and coming to a new culture, weather, food, family,friends it may take a season or so for him to find his feet that's my worry and we've nowt else; that's why I was hoping DCL would find his shooting boots.

Everton that. I've been in the same mode willing him on, whilst niasse, tosun, sandro had a go and didn't really fire ( albeit id be content to see tosun alongside Kean, just to help out).

Niasse had his heart in the right place and has tried but appears not to be in plans.

More legacy turnover in our squad.

Niasse, tosun to leave in the next window and CF in, DCL impact sub and cup starter.

No one will get on Kean`s back mate, as he will at least offer a goal threat. Plus people will breath a collective sigh of relief, that the dud has been benched.

Everton that. I've been in the same mode willing him on, whilst niasse, tosun, sandro had a go and didn't really fire ( albeit id be content to see tosun alongside Kean, just to help out).

Niasse had his heart in the right place and has tried but appears not to be in plans.

More legacy turnover in our squad.

Niasse, tosun to leave in the next window and CF in, DCL impact sub and cup starter.
I think one of Tosun or Niasse could still go in this window, maybe on loan, I’d prefer Niasse to stay simply because of him being unpredictable and not knowing what he is going to do next, he doesn’t know himself !!but he can unsettle the opposing defence ( now and again). I don’t think either him or Tosun are long term players for Everton but it seems like we are stuck with them until their contracts run out, and that seems like until the end of never

Status
Not open for further replies.