Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that he's never been a box to box type player all the way and that does seem to be where he would be at his best. Hopefully that is the plan we have for him.
“From the first day I spoke to the manager [Ancelotti], he said straight away where I can improve," said Doucoure.

“What I am good on, where I can get better – so, of course, since the beginning, I knew he could improve me.

“He wants me to play a box-to-box role in the midfield.

“I think it is my best position.

Last season our midfield had zero creativity, looked weak and fragile and could not assert itself onto the game.

These 3 signings (on paper at least) address every single one of these problems.
It's been said many times over, but Carlo Ancelotti is easily one of the most important signings we've had at this club for a long long time.

The Tifo football virgins said he'd make a great partner for Allan. Agree?
I think it is certainly possible. I'm hoping that they've brought him in to do the things that he is good at and not to try and make him into some kind of all action midfielder. Have him hustle and harass people and get into good areas in attack and it'll be all good.

“From the first day I spoke to the manager [Ancelotti], he said straight away where I can improve," said Doucoure.

“What I am good on, where I can get better – so, of course, since the beginning, I knew he could improve me.

“He wants me to play a box-to-box role in the midfield.

“I think it is my best position.
I think at Watford he was always either a true DM or a #10 so hopefully he's right and box to box is where he excels.

Reactions: kev

I think it is certainly possible. I'm hoping that they've brought him in to do the things that he is good at and not to try and make him into some kind of all action midfielder. Have him hustle and harass people and get into good areas in attack and it'll be all good.

So make him play as an all action midfielder?

So make him play as an all action midfielder?
No. I'm saying let him chase the ball but don't expect him to actually be the one winning it and to get forward but not be the one actually passing the ball there. Essentially strip his role down to pressing, moving the ball to players who can pass forward and looking to get on the end of something on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.