Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we still have a hangover of the mentality that once we go on a little run that keeps everyone sweet for a while.

Think we still have a hangover of the mentality that once we go on a little run that keeps everyone sweet for a while.

I'd agree except that even given his failings Davies always puts a shift in yet weekly gets a slagging from a majority of the forum.
I agree with the Davies shouts too he does get an unfair amount of criticism because he does always try - should have put a caveat in that trying hard is acceptable unless you are an academy product in which case unless you are the reincarnation of a once in a generation Wayne Rooney you aren’t good enough

He has to take some of the blame himself, dropped Holgate and Godfrey and sacrificed what was a solid looking defense.
Can't use the same players everytime we play though he changed to give us a more attacking outlook just the players didn't give anywhere near 100% in my opinion

Players who just happy to do the bare minimum and pick up a paycheck are the real problem

It wasn’t just the words from Carlo it was the emotion in his voice. I don’t think I have ever seen him that angry and rightly so. It was an appalling performance.

Can't use the same players everytime we play though he changed to give us a more attacking outlook just the players didn't give anywhere near 100% in my opinion

Players who just happy to do the bare minimum and pick up a paycheck are the real problem
Godfrey in my opinion should be undroppable he's 22 and has played maybe 3 games in January.. he's the fastest player on our team and one of the fastest in the league.. he defends well and going forward has the opposition defence panicking, against Leicester Albrighton just gave up the chase when he saw Godfrey with the ball. He may never be a goal scoring defender but he brings it from defense to attack in rapid time, which is something we didn't do yesterday.

The next signings( as well as a striker) should be players of character. They don’t have to be the best technically. Leadership qualities are more important now.
Kendall did it during another period of ‘low spirit’ signing Reid and Gray. Moyes signed the likes of Neville, Howard, Cahill. These were massive influences in the dressing room.

This is going to sound like more Pickford bashing but honestly, being beaten by a player running away from goal with a header from 15 yards out? Really?

And the second one, ok we’re chasing the game, but as Wrighty pointed out on motd, as a goalkeeper (and I played in goal at amateur league level) when you’re one on one you wait for that split second when the forward has to look down at the ball to shoot and make your move forwards to try and block. When Wilson made that poor first touch, Pickford should have closed him down, but he just retreated and then had no chance.

His basics leave a lot to be desired.
Sorry, but it was Pickford bashing. As the report at the time said on SSN, it was a great header by Wilson and and excellent cross from the corner. Wilsons all round game was excellent, a great contribution in many ways. Admittedly our centre backs stood off him too far throughout the game. Pickford was getting second highest MOTM votes last time I looked and it was deserved...he made 2 or 3 excellent saves which kept up in the game up to a point. He's playing well at the moment, but I've no doubt the haters will get rid of him eventually, like they always do at Everton. There are many factions at this club we love that are their own worst enemy. My forecast this season...Carlo will drag us kicking and screaming into the top six provided James and one or two others can play sufficient games.

He has to take some of the blame himself, dropped Holgate and Godfrey and sacrificed what was a solid looking defense.

I would have left it alone. But you could already hear the cries of this is newcastle. Attack them. Why are we not attacking them more.
Cant really blame him for rotating with another game weds.
All it proved is that when we open up there are certain players who cant be trusted to show up.
Go back to the back four that are solid. Get mucky wins until we can replace those who cant be trusted.
And if its mucky until then dont complain.

The next signings( as well as a striker) should be players of character. They don’t have to be the best technically. Leadership qualities are more important now.
Kendall did it during another period of ‘low spirit’ signing Reid and Gray. Moyes signed the likes of Neville, Howard, Cahill. These were massive influences in the dressing room.
Good point this, we need someone who is going to be a bit of a catalyst to push us on, to encourage others to give it everything. That dosent mean they have top class ability, it means they will inspire others to give it everything they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.