Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey in my opinion should be undroppable he's 22 and has played maybe 3 games in January.. he's the fastest player on our team and one of the fastest in the league.. he defends well and going forward has the opposition defence panicking, against Leicester Albrighton just gave up the chase when he saw Godfrey with the ball. He may never be a goal scoring defender but he brings it from defense to attack in rapid time, which is something we didn't do yesterday.
With Godfrey he plays on the front foot and wants to win his personal battle
Yesterday most of the players went through the motions, out worked out fought out run and at no point did I see any player trying to wrestle the initiative away a CBA attitude and passive

To all the people saying godfrey/holgate. Yeah, we were defensively a lot more solid with them, but didn't do a thing in attack. I guess the idea with Siggy vs Newcastle was that he could offer something in that department. I mean, let's be real here... It's effin Newcastle we played against, if not against them vs who can he show up? It's really surreal to me that he can't even turn up vs WBA level opposition and boss the midfield.

Carlo's mistake that I see here is keeping the guy on after halftime, not for starting with him.

Can Allan get fit already so we actually have a midfield couple that can keep possession and do something with the ball instead of pass it back to Mina/Keane?
He would have been more up for it playing as a 10 but he isn’t in a position to pick where he plays and he didn’t fancy yesterday. Would be better of currently playing off the bench in his preferred position. The only reason I say that is he’s not going anywhere any time soon.

The next signings( as well as a striker) should be players of character. They don’t have to be the best technically. Leadership qualities are more important now.
Kendall did it during another period of ‘low spirit’ signing Reid and Gray. Moyes signed the likes of Neville, Howard, Cahill. These were massive influences in the dressing room.
The next player should be someone fast, strong with ability . No midget no Iwobi, no Gomes, no Bernard, no Kean, no Pickford, no Coleman....

Inappropriate Language
You can’t really drop Godfrey and play Gylfi centre mid and then criticise the spirit of the players..
If you want a spirited team, pick spirited players.
And let rot Pickford,Coleman and Sigurdsson on the bench until they have enough and f... of!

Status
Not open for further replies.