Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothin worse than when a coach attacks your spirit. He can say it calmly like he does. But its basically like saying that was unacceptable.

It wasn't like we had 20 chances and their keeper had a out of this world type of game. It was a bunch of selfish strikes and dumb build up play that lead nowhere.

That was also Carlo telling the boys that if they want to play more attacking football he would and he'd put more attacking players on.

No doubt Carlo is going to go back to 4 CB formation, because that's the one formation we keep winning with.

...I imagine the post-match comments were a kick up the backside for the individuals he sent out, which is good. I do think, though, Ancelotti got it wrong today.

With players injured, he found a formula that makes us hard to beat but now when more are available he hasn’t yet found the right balance between defence and attack.

I’m sure he’ll sort it, but he was as at fault as the players today.
Spot on. As I said elsewhere, there is a huge chasm between our DM;s and DCL. And as someone else said, a Ross Barkley type player would fill it nicely.

That team should have beaten Newcastle. This type of performance is nothing new, I expect a Coleman rally cry tomorrow. Not that it does or means anything
It should have and in reality it wasn't as if Newcastle were peppering our goal. The issue was, quite starkly, our inability to play with intensity and make chances.

It was slow, tepid and lack any form of passion, with too many players ambling about. Coleman, Iwobi and Gylfi are three players who need replacing, quickly.

This is going to sound like more Pickford bashing but honestly, being beaten by a player running away from goal with a header from 15 yards out? Really?

And the second one, ok we’re chasing the game, but as Wrighty pointed out on motd, as a goalkeeper (and I played in goal at amateur league level) when you’re one on one you wait for that split second when the forward has to look down at the ball to shoot and make your move forwards to try and block. When Wilson made that poor first touch, Pickford should have closed him down, but he just retreated and then had no chance.

His basics leave a lot to be desired.

To all the people saying godfrey/holgate. Yeah, we were defensively a lot more solid with them, but didn't do a thing in attack. I guess the idea with Siggy vs Newcastle was that he could offer something in that department. I mean, let's be real here... It's effin Newcastle we played against, if not against them vs who can he show up? It's really surreal to me that he can't even turn up vs WBA level opposition and boss the midfield.

Carlo's mistake that I see here is keeping the guy on after halftime, not for starting with him.

Can Allan get fit already so we actually have a midfield couple that can keep possession and do something with the ball instead of pass it back to Mina/Keane?

"“Today, we forgot our spirit. We left it at home. We tried to play with quality but in this game, in all games to just try to play with quality isn’t enough. You have to sacrifice, concentration, motivation, ambition – we forgot this today”

That was the same at Newcastle and Southampton away, when it looked like were just going through the motions.

When a player loses the ball they more often than not just stand there and huff rather than immediately trying to win the ball back. We're better with a back four of Holgate, Mina, Keane and Godfrey who show a lot of aggression and determination.

To all the people saying godfrey/holgate. Yeah, we were defensively a lot more solid with them, but didn't do a thing in attack. I guess the idea with Siggy vs Newcastle was that he could offer something in that department. I mean, let's be real here... It's effin Newcastle we played against, if not against them vs who can he show up? It's really surreal to me that he can't even turn up vs WBA level opposition and boss the midfield.

Carlo's mistake that I see here is keeping the guy on after halftime, not for starting with him.

Can Allan get fit already so we actually have a midfield couple that can keep possession and do something with the ball instead of pass it back to Mina/Keane?
It’s not like more solid. We win and draw and defend much more better with 4 cb.

Spot on. As I said elsewhere, there is a huge chasm between our DM;s and DCL. And as someone else said, a Ross Barkley type player would fill it nicely.

And we heckled and chased him out the club where he even sanded off his EFC tattoo.

Sums our recruitment up in recent years that we replaced him with the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes.

And we heckled and chased him out the club where he even sanded off his EFC tattoo.

Sums our recruitment up in recent years that we replaced him with the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes.
Absolutely,mate. Before i left here the first time around, I was one of his biggest backers, the way the fans destroyed him, still gets me now, hence why I also give Davies and even Jord the benefit of the doubt. All three had bad spells and weaknesses, but the fans get so blind to their positives, that they are only happy moaning about them.

It is not good for the player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.