Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can picture Gana sitting deep with Allan & Doucoure either side given license to box to box .
Hamez the tip of the diamond.
Richy & Dom up top.

Dreaming here like.
Not dissimilar to the 4-3-3 with which we started the season, except there we had Allan as the deepest of the midfield 3 and Gomes pushing forward with Doucoure... Gana's faster than Gomes, and Allan made his name playing as a box to box CM so it looks a decent proposal on paper. Stick Godfrey at RB and Digne at LB and there's your pace and width.

We'd still need a CF and/or a wide forward, but that's the case regardless of what we do with the midfield.

If Gana came on loan I’d honestly bin Davies, Delph and Gylfi off for good, have him, Allan and Doucoure playing for the starting positions and have Gbamin waiting in the wings to get back to fitness to see if he can actually play football or not.
Aren't all three of them classed as home grown players? If so, you'll see one of them depart this summer at most (Delph, probably) and the only way another one goes is if we bring in a HG player on a permanent somewhere else in the squad.

The one portion of the market that is likely to see prices stay high in the summer is young English players, because of the HG issue.

We need players good players with pace pace and more pace. Preferably young ones as well. This is what our DOF should be eye balling and setting up.
Until then this team will never progress
We only ever sign players that are not quick enough

Gana is om 120k plus euros per week at PSG...so let's stop dreaming guys.
Given all our recent departures, we can afford to pay 50% of his wages for five months.

Given that he'd walk into our starting lineup in a 4-2-3-1 and also allow us to revert to the 4-3-3 we used to such good effect at the start of the season, I'd say he's worth the 60k per week.

Oh I’ve no doubt he gets in our team and improves us.
I just doubt Moshiri is going to be convinced we need money for another midfielder.

Yeah, but money is gonna have to come from wages saved, I don't think Moshiri is bankrolling us.

Basically, if we can't get a forward, then having an option like Gana could improve us from an attacking standpoint because of other players then being able to be moved around in the system.

But, we do have the player signed to replace Gana about to finally get back from injury. It's just obviously that gamble on his fitness.

If someone is coming in they’re keeping it very quiet!
It's ... almost ... like ... we ... won't ... get ... anybody ... in !!

I'd go as far as to say it's extremely negligent if we don't get a midfielder and striker in by end of play tomorrow. The biggest opportunity to grab a Champions League berth in our lives and the club is basically saying: "Nah, can't be arsed, we'll just take our chances on Calvert-Lewin being available and on form 100% of the time from now until the end of the season. Let West Ham get fourth instead."

Status
Not open for further replies.