Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
King could score 50 goals in the next 18months and he would just say "Sure, but hes got no resale".

He wont ever admit to being wrong.
The weird thing is that I get this particular point. I really do. I also think many of the comments about excessive wages are very fair too. I've said all along that the ideal move for King (from our perspective) is a loan to the end of the season on his existing wages.

But the idea that Tosun for the next six months (on £70k a week) is a better option on our bench than King is? That's just deranged. I mean sure, there's a point at which King's wages could be so high that I'd say "Hold on, we shouldn't be doing this." but that point isn't the £70k mark. At anything less than £100k a week, King is a slam-dunk over Tosun.

If he goes to Fulham he’s rubbish
If he comes to us he’s great (until he’s rubbish)
If he goes to Fulham he's ace and another one that got away, ffs Brands
If he comes to us he's crap and deadweight, ffs Brands

ffs Brands either way tbh

Oh just [poor language removed] Everton. [poor language removed] right off. It’s the [poor language removed] same every [poor language removed] year. What am I supposed to tell the little’un when he wakes up tomorrow?!

The weird thing is that I get this particular point. I really do. I also think many of the comments about excessive wages are very fair too. I've said all along that the ideal move for King (from our perspective) is a loan to the end of the season on his existing wages.

But the idea that Tosun for the next six months (on £70k a week) is a better option on our bench than King is? That's just deranged. I mean sure, there's a point at which King's wages could be so high that I'd say "Hold on, we shouldn't be doing this." but that point isn't the £70k mark. At anything less than £100k a week, King is a slam-dunk over Tosun.
I think you're just excited about the new, shiny thing. 70k is too much for Josh King too and prohibitive from him moving on before his deal ends.

My goodness. Are those goalposts.... moving?
No they really aren't. You asked is King better than Tosun and I said from the start that he probably is but not better enough to make it worth giving him a new deal with more years on it that we have to see out before we can sign an actually good player. The goalposts are in the same spot. That adding average players to the squad is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.