2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you turned on the manager may as well turn on our better players as well

It's not about turning on anyone. I'm at the point where I'm happy for anyone who doesn't want to be here to go for the right price. We need a fresh start and if that means a step back before we can take two forward, then so be it.

I would obviously want Richarlison to stay, but if he wants to leave and someone is willing to pay the right amount, then we should let him go.

Reminds me of a Cahill type player but probably a bit quicker/more comfortable on the ball, but not much.

Maybe at Real Madrid creating more chances he will score more goals. If we can get £60m for him (which will be a big profit from an accounting standpoint) it would make some sense for us though.

I can’t see him fitting in at Real. He wants to play upfront and they’re not going to go from probably the best hold up number 9 in the world in Benzema to Richalrison who struggles to link play at all. He’d have to play out wide and effectively do what Ronaldo used to and finish off moves but that largely worked as Ronaldo was one of the greatest players of all time.

Really don’t care whether he stays or goes which is odd as he’s been one of our better players last season aside. I just don’t see him kicking on though.

He’s a good penalty box finisher, good in the air, he used to work hard. His build up play is atrocious though, he’s lost a yard of pace, his discipline is poor, his left foot is terrible, he doesn’t work well in a two. This isn’t a mega talent we’re talking about here, he’s a very decent premier league forward but that’s it. I’m not even sure he’s any better than Vinicius, Rodrygo or Asensio tbh. If Bale and Hazard get fit and go back then he’s not making the first team.
If we got serious money for him it could make more space for incomings.
Also it’s starting to annoy me the way he acts like my teenager on the pitch.

I can’t see him fitting in at Real. He wants to play upfront and they’re not going to go from probably the best hold up number 9 in the world in Benzema to Richalrison who struggles to link play at all. He’d have to play out wide and effectively do what Ronaldo used to and finish off moves but that largely worked as Ronaldo was one of the greatest players of all time.
He’s just not really good enough to be at Real. Gareth Bale was genuine world class and scored an overhead kick to win a champions league and scored one of the most breathtaking goals ever against their city rivals where he ran off the pitch and is pretty universally hated by their fans!
Their fans are total scum tbf though, especially the way they hounded out Casillas

Yes, but we only have about 5 so I’d like to keep them.
Yes but for that reason he’s one of only a few players that are saleable.
With the rest of the crap we have to wait for their contracts to run down, so at some point to free up space and costs to go again it could be beneficial to sell him if we get a decent fee. And Of those players you’d pick him to go instead of DCL,or Digne or Godfrey for example (based on performances last season.)
- also I’d have to agree with those who think there’s probably better out there, we just need to look abit harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.