2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He the second best English striker. He will get 15-20 goals a season. That is good return for any striker in the premier league. Replacing him will be impossoble. Remember tonsun, niasee, Kone?
People want to keep comparing him to lukaku when we have had some incredibly poor forwards at the club. Dcl is not one of them.
Say we got an offer 70m and took it, do you think we would go out and sign Tosun Who was I believe 27m Niasse who was I believe 13m and Kone 5 odd million. That what you get for those fees, spend 50 m and you are getting to the next level of strikers. For 60m I believe we could get a much better striker than DCL.

Say we got an offer 70m and took it, do you think we would go out and sign Tosun Who was I believe 27m Niasse who was I believe 13m and Kone 5 odd million. That what you get for those fees, spend 50 m and you are getting to the next level of strikers. For 60m I believe we could get a much better striker than DCL.

Name one.

Haha we say that to everyone we sell to bigger clubs.

Ross, Rom, Stones, Fellaini, Dom, James, probably Richy, and Digne next.

They'll all bugger off and win trophies for top sides but ....they'll never be good enough for us

We're a joke.
Our problem is we mess around to much, Carlo failed this season he needed to get us Europa then next season CL. That should be the plan put to the new manager, if they came up slightly short yes perhaps give them another season. If we want to be thought of as a big team we need progress quick, City, Chelsea got success relatively quick, if they hadn’t do you think there better players would have hung around.

Name one.
It wouldn’t be a popular decision but the czech striker who scored the long range goal against Scotland, 25 decent record all round game looks good. I rather him up front for us than DCL. There are bigger named strikers but they wouldn’t come here at this moment in time and a lot are older.

It'd take £80m plus.
Well lots don’t think he is I do , but he’s in the England squad so going rate would be around that figure. Do I think he is worth that? No 50 million would be tops for me, but football is crazy nowadays so anything is possible.
Well that’s me told!

my point being average is not 75 mil, England squad or not..

His stats are far from average that’s what earned him his call up plus his valuation.

Rashford scores 11 in 38 I wouldn’t say he’s average ?

Dom 16 in 33 definitely not average

just facts

It wouldn’t be a popular decision but the czech striker who scored the long range goal against Scotland, 25 decent record all round game looks good. I rather him up front for us than DCL. There are bigger named strikers but they wouldn’t come here at this moment in time and a lot are older.

So Schick, the striker who gets 10 goals a season, including 5 in two seasons in Serie A, over Calvert-Lewin.

Well its an opinion all right, I'll give you that.

It's the same after every tournament though. A relatively unknown puts in a couple of half decent performances and suddenly he has an artificially inflated transfer tag. Cue clubs bidding for him and when signed he turns out to be a bit of a dud. And I'm stating the obvious here but a striker is only a lethal as the service thats provided for him.
That's unlikely to happen at our club at the moment.

It's the same after every tournament though. A relatively unknown puts in a couple of half decent performances and suddenly he has an artificially inflated transfer tag. Cue clubs bidding for him and when signed he turns out to be a bit of a dud. And I'm stating the obvious here but a striker is only a lethal as the service thats provided for him.
That's unlikely to happen at our club at the moment.

It's scientifically known as the El Hadji Diouf Phenomenon.

his stock is high because most people look at his stats & ignore his performances. His goal return is good but look at them, 90% tap ins. Useless in one on ones, poor movement, no link up play, can’t beat a man. The numbers flatter him. Hardly scored in the second half of the season.

he scored in 13 games. Missed lots of chances and was useless in others. He is a threat in the 6 yard box, nowhere else.

Apparently we didn’t make enough chances for him (if only he could make some for himself).

In today’s Market he is worth more just based on his age, potential & being English.

I’m not saying sell for £50m but from a business point of view when we bought him for £1m it’s not a bad deal for the club.

I really can’t see Madrid coming in for him tbh. They are skint and £70-80m is a massive gamble on DCL, I’m not quite sure Real Madrid fans would take to him quite like some of our fans have, his misses would be highlighted beyond belief.

They didn’t even like Bale & Ronaldo
If you were doing the scouting report for him we wouldn't get two Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.