New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’d call arsenal a small club? They’ve not won a trophy in a while.
So at present we would i presume put Arsenal in the same bracket with Leicester , West Ham from last season as in them trying to break back into the top 4 that they used to belong, they are well off the pace to win the league, champions league , a cup here and there doesn't keep you at the very top, if your going down the road of the ground and money they generate then that's a different story

It wasn't really a major disrespect. It was a minor off the cuff remark while he was coaching our main rivals and we had frustrated him with a 0-0 draw.

I really don't understand why people still get themselves so worked up over trivial matters like this
I wasn't overly worked up about it at the time, but that and his "facts" rant just demonstrated a snide outlook towards rivals that just didn't sit well with me. His smiley demeanour always seemed a bit false after that, more of a sneer towards his critics.

If he does get the job I won't be watching any of the pressers etc. I just don't like looking at him or listening to him.

Oh so the longer in history you go without winning, the smaller you become?

so Chelsea are a bigger club than Man Utd?
The remark was based on if Arsenal were a small club. But, just like Woolies a former retail giant, eventually everything comes to an end. :oops:

I just want a manager in place right now because in 3 weeks the players are back and we need a load of players in place for the first game of the season. I get Rafael has past with us but then football is not a normal narrative is it. The fact he wants to manage us knowing the depth of feeling of Everton fans will be ok with me as long as we progress this season, the team is what matters and if we keep going about with a mob mentality against his appointment especially from what I'm reading in here then I fear were we are going to end up this time next year which is frightening.

The fact people are behind martinez returning is totally unbelievable and if this is simply to go against a manager despite opinions who has a decent track record then I don't want to associate myself as an evertonian with those opinions. I for one can move on from the fact he called us a small club and managed the RS as long as he delivers for us, after all people lorded Ancelotti who simply [Poor language removed] on us so nothing in football is ever 100% loyal and straightforward. We simply cannot go another week without appointing someone. Everyone holds there right to have an opinion, I just hope we can get to some common ground and move forward ASAP
Why not in 3 weeks then? If the players aren't around, and because of the euros there is very little transfer movement, surely we can wait?

I also don't care about the small club comment. I care about watching yet more god awful football under another negative defensive manager who is past it and has no interest from other clubs (which surely speaks volumes against someone as good as benitez apparently is).

So at present we would i presume put Arsenal in the same bracket with Leicester , West Ham from last season as in them trying to break back into the top 4 that they used to belong, they are well off the pace to win the league, champions league , a cup here and there doesn't keep you at the very top, if your going down the road of the ground and money they generate then that's a different story
So just to confirm. You’d Arsenal West Ham Leicester & Spurs all as ‘bigger’ more successful clubs than us… right?

And you’re not a WUM?

I'm hearing it's done. Theyre just working on the reveal in catchphrase format with Bill and Farhad as contestants. I don't know why they don't just announce it.

I know what you're saying but I disagree slightly. Well run businesses would have taken control of this situation and put their own spin on things, whereas we've allowed the spin to come from elsewhere. Whatever is actually happening, the majority opinion is going to be that we've made a mess of this process, and that isn't going to be helpful for whoever comes in. The radio silence hasn't been appropriate this time in my opinion.
I get what you’re saying too to be fair but I don’t see why they should control the narrative in the media in this instance. As long as whoever is being approached for the job knows the score and the key people at the club know the plan then as much as it’s nervy times for us fans, it is what it is we’ll just have to wait and see. Whether we find out today or end of next week won’t change how we feel about the situation and as long as decisions are being made then I’m ok.

Why not in 3 weeks then? If the players aren't around, and because of the euros there is very little transfer movement, surely we can wait?

I also don't care about the small club comment. I care about watching yet more god awful football under another negative defensive manager who is past it and has no interest from other clubs (which surely speaks volumes against someone as good as benitez apparently is).
Transfer targets need to be discussed ASAP plus the new Manager needs to get used to the club before players return. There is a whole new backroom to intergrate as well so time is of the essence. None of us truly knows if he is past it so only time will tell.

I'm hearing it's done. Theyre just working on the reveal in catchphrase format with Bill and Farhad as contestants. I don't know why they don't just announce it.
I don't think they ever will, we will just turn up to the first home game and he'll be there....

We have 52 days of "meetings" to deal with.....

Apart from maybe West Ham the other 3 are more attractive clubs than us 100%
And if Benitez had said ‘they are a less attractive club’ then I’d have agreed with him Then and now. But he said ‘small club’ because he’s a toddler that didn’t like not winning in the derby and getting grief for it.

Which is part of the reason why I don’t want him anywhere near us.

Directions for Wayne Rooney:

M62 --> M6 --> A50 --> Off at Chellaston roundabout --> Right at Ascot Drive --> Into Pride Park --> Park up at the Stadium.

Approx. 1 hr 40 mins drive.

1. Throw eggs at car.

2. Call him a traitor.

Rinse and repeat 18 months later once new manager is sacked and replace items 1 and 2 with:

1. Clean eggs off car.

2. Apologise and issue above directions in reverse to sign as Manager.

Duncan back as assistant.

Hibbo as coach.

Pembridge as coach.

Richard wright as GK coach.

Litre of bleach swigged.

Start supporting Tranmere.

Disclaimer.

All joking aside. Some of the above may actually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.