New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he is the best option we have at the moment between benitez and nuno. Or you just think he would fail here
I have doubts that he would fit, culturally. He's Swiss, used to working in Germany and France and, while known as a very good tactician, his teams tend to rely on good technical players - which we lack to some extent. His teams have also bottled some very promising positions in the past, but that might be more of a Dortmund thing than a Favre thing. His Hertha Berlin side was very good by Hertha standards - but then they sold their best players and plummeted. He favours an attractive style of football, but his sides don't create that many chances. What they tend to do, though, is score the ones they do create. His expected goals stats would offend the hipsters.

I think he'd be a fascinating but very risky experiment. I don't rate Nuno, so I'd have Favre over him. In football terms, my only doubt with Benitez is whether he is now yesterday's man. But he's younger than Favre, knows the league much more intimately, has a superior CV, and would probably stick around for a longer haul, so, eliminating the politics, is probably the more likely choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.