New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of him or a family member being ill (which I really hope isn't the case). Why else would he of gone through all of the negotiating process only to drop out at the last minute if their isn't another offer come in for him?

I cant see him sat there in his living room and just thinking "you know what? I just cant be arsed".

I really feel for the palace fans they seemed very excited to be getting a good manager.

Strikes me that financial information being disclosed later on. Seems similar with Spurs.

It's mad to me that NONE of the 3 PL clubs that need a manager have done so. And all have been shambolic in their "searches".
I don’t think we have to be honest. It’s only the press speculation making stories to fill column inches.
As far as we know, we haven’t offered the job to anybody.
Palace have been led a merry dance by Favre and Nuno by the sound of it, ditto Spurs with Conte and Fonseca.

He may have other options, but he's also a bit eccentric. His teams tend to bottle very promising situations - Dortmund blew the league in his time there when Bayern were very vulnerable after Niko Kovac - and there are big questions about his ability to handle pressure. He may very well feel the need for a break and he may very well have executed an eccentric u-turn. It's in his character.

Let's see eh.

It's not like he's entering a stress free job. I can see as it gets closer just saying nevermind I'm not going through this again.

I thought it was a great appointment for Palace, but a bit odd for Favre. Hertha, Dortmund and Gladbach are in a different strategic place to Palace in the PL. maybe he just felt it was a bridge too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.